Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vote concy ryan

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

All different people! Believe it or not. Report anything suspicious though. Just in case I miss it. ;)

Well there was this one guy with an insect fetish who popped up a few times.......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well there was this one guy with an insect fetish who popped up a few times.......

Ah, don't mind him. Sure he's probably off talking Irish or some other nonsense!

In response to gimmy ^^^
    Is that the Limerick Uncovered video the one with Gerry Flannery?

Ah, don't mind him. Sure he's probably off talking Irish or some other nonsense!

I don't know, it is a bit worrying that he is on here, normally he is seen near Mary I scratching himself and talking to walls. :p

Pretty sure he tried to molest a swan at one point as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sok11

Delighted to find this thread, I am limerick born and bred. Concy isn't funny- end of. Nothing personal, its just not funny. It was a 30 second videoclip that was mildly amusing with Flannery a few years ago that has been dragged along kicking and screaming for 5 years or so. Move on man. In fairness to the bandits theres talent there and they constantly re-invent or just lash out some mental sh*t to amuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Nice one bob. Keep up the good work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Kess73 wrote: »
    No idea, I did not go to school there. Munchin's just seems to have an image of a rugby school and one that seems to have produced a lot of good rugby players over the last 25 to 30 years, where as Ard Scil Ris seems to have a number of ex pupils in recent times doing spoof comedy stuff and seems to have more of a hurling reputation.

It is hardly a put down to either school or to people who went to them when they were kids, but make it about mickey waving with your Lions question if you want.:p

Munchins also had Frank O'Mara

YFlyer wrote: »
    Munchins also had Frank O'Mara

The World champion runner? Knew he was from Limerick but did not know he went to Munchin's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SavvyBoy

ConcyRyan wrote: »
    Concy Ryan here, thanks for all the support everyone including the haters and people that rant like mad, I don't have the time or energy to read them all so I only looks a the nice ones. VOTE Cony Ryan, come on lads do it for the kids.....NUFFF Said

G'wan Concy! Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

sok11 wrote: »
    Delighted to find this thread, I am limerick born and bred. Concy isn't funny- end of. Nothing personal, its just not funny. It was a 30 second videoclip that was mildly amusing with Flannery a few years ago that has been dragged along kicking and screaming for 5 years or so. Move on man. In fairness to the bandits theres talent there and they constantly re-invent or just lash out some mental sh*t to amuse.

Have to agree with you. I dont find his clips funny because they are a bit too close to reality. At least Rubberbandits are satire whereas when I watch Concys on You Tube it could nearly be a documentry.
    I think chasing off Guards outside his house with a samurai sword while kids around you cheer is ridiculous and foolish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Concy Ryan here to say we came second in the RTE Storyland competiton, with lucky run coming 1st so well done to them, porjects like ours need to be encouraged in order to help them grow and become better, its totally cool that people out there don't like it and thats fine but people have voted and they want more,just go to any of the live shows to see for yourselves.
    Thanks eveyone see yee soon

Hard luck! And fair play for getting that far in the contest. You're braver than a lot of entertainers in this country. There aren't many who'd come on to a forum and take the criticism as well as the praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

vkid wrote: »
    Find this guy as funny as cancer tbh.

Sick of the fake scumbag schtick to be honest, its been done to death in my opinion. The bandits last few things on RTE have been rubbish as well.

I disagree The last 2 sketches the Bandits did for RTE were both very good and had many laugh out loud moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWfZ4Pw0_oE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzC4K9X7NU

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

including the haters
    Dude, someone expressing an opinion that they don't like something or find it puerile or idiotic doesn't make them a "hater". It merely means that they have an opinion that's different from the view of the person promoting their own effort.

Oh yeah, also the Limerick Uncovered stuff was far funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

very good bob

Advertisement