Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Days Out

Options
  • 26-05-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have some relatives visiting in June and they have 3 teenage children aged 11, 13 and 14. I am trying to think of some fun daytime activities to do. This is what I've come up with so far: airsoft, trabolgan, fota, blackrock observatory, beach.... can anyone suggest anymore?

Thanks,
    Kaz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

There's go karting down in either watergrasshill - outdoors (they actually do loads of activities out there so worth checking out), or little island indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi Kazbah ,

Planned entertainmen sounds great so far - another one or two to add to the list - the old Cork Women's Prison/Museum - it's up Shanakiel - any teenager/kid who I know loves it - (always the odd ghost story to freak them a bit).

There's also the Cork Museum in Fitzgerald Park and the Crawford Gallery - if they are interested in art.

Or take the train to Cobh and there's the Cobh Heritage Centre - where they learn all about the history/emigration/Titanic Trail.

And if it's raining - thank God for Mahon Point Multiplex Cinema.

Have fun. I have friends across from London this weekend - not kids - but their first trip to Cork - of course after last week - first place I'm taking them is the English Market. J

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You should send them Geocache makes things more exciting..There is one near blackrock castle as me thinks about it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Milly33 wrote: »
    You should send them Geocache makes things more exciting..There is one near blackrock castle as me thinks about it

Ok I'm off to google that now. I haven't a clue what that is!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Painballing maybe, quite a few places around, bowling is another (Mardyke or Leisureplex in the city, the Planet in Blackpool)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Kazbah wrote: »
    Ok I'm off to google that now. I haven't a clue what that is!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Oh yes I should have really explained it more. Geocache is great fun, it is kinda like a treasure hunt. You will probably need a GPS to find the really hard ones. What happens is someone sets up a cache in perhaps a pretty or interesting spot that they have visited (a cache is normally a lunchbix with a piece of paper to write down when you visited and bits an pieces in it, you can bring things to put in also.Just something really to make trips more interesting.

Advertisement