Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT mature student

Options
  • 26-05-2011 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi! I applied on the CAO as a late application mature student for a couple courses and while I've recieved some feedback (call to do an assessment at Blanch IT and invitation to IADT open day) I've heard nothing back from the college I really want (DIT). Is this normal? My top 2 choices are both DIT and so I'm odviously more nervous about them.

Also when do they send out offers in general if you've applied late (before the end of May)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hephph

I'm in the same boat myself, applied late. i emailed head of admissions on Monday and received a response today saying that they are currently reviewing applications and will be shortlisting and holding interviews in early June. i spoke to someone on the phone though on Wednesday who said that they hadn't started to look at late applications yet and she couldn't give me any timeline to go by.

Don't really know where I stand now, guess its just a waiting game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

hephph wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat myself, applied late. i emailed head of admissions on Monday and received a response today saying that they are currently reviewing applications and will be shortlisting and holding interviews in early June. i spoke to someone on the phone though on Wednesday who said that they hadn't started to look at late applications yet and she couldn't give me any timeline to go by.

Don't really know where I stand now, guess its just a waiting game

Cool, glad to know I'm not alone- fingers crossed for both of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

oooh so they are still shortlisting from applications they received from the feb1 cutoff. good to know. was getting a little worried there that i wasn't gonna have a hope of getting into DIT (my top choice too). weight off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Anyone got an update on this thread ?

Im going to ring DIT on Monday as i still haven't received any word from them regarding my application

I still have not heard anything either. And june is halfway done so again I am getting a little worried. Like are they gonna do interviews at all or am I just gonna have to wait until my birthday and hope that when that CAO offer lands on the doormat that it is for DIT.

Let us know what happens when you ring please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 hephph

Hi guys,

As an update, I was called last wednesday and had an interview on Friday with the school of media. Might be different for other departments and whatever. Hoping to hear back soon enough now.

Goo luck to the rest of you's, I hope you get a response from the college soon

hephph wrote: »
    Hi guys,

As an update, I was called last wednesday and had an interview on Friday with the school of media. Might be different for other departments and whatever. Hoping to hear back soon enough now.

Goo luck to the rest of you's, I hope you get a response from the college soon

oooh congrats. hope i get a call so :) eep i wonder if my correct mobile is on my cao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I got a letter from them today offering me a place in Creative Industries!! My number 1 choice :D:D Didn't have to do an interview which was odd but I'm not complaining :)

each day i am more and more tearing my hair out. i haven't heard anything since i rang them late may, when they said they were still going through applications, and hadn't made any decisions yet. i don't know if they are calling interviews or what, am i going to be called for interview etc.

i just want to know. it is killing me :(:confused:

I called DIT (Admissions office) im applying for Civil Engineering and they told me that they had gone through the applications and had selected the candidates and that i would not receive a letter to say that i had been unsuccessful. I have received an offer from another IT but still i'm leaving DIT as my number one choice until i get confirmation on the 6th of this month via the CAO

• Advertisement

yea i rang DIT and was told (over and over actually - no need, that just made me feel worse!) that the applications had been put into two piles and given to the secretary. the no pile and the call for interview pile, and as i hadn't had a letter calling me for interview obviously i had been put in the no pile.

however i still didn't bother moving them from the slot they are in in my CAO. i doubt i will hear anything from them (i am a no after all) but i just couldn't be bothered moving it!

I indicated on my CAO that i wish to be considered both as a mature student and by my leaving cert points so i might have another shot later in the year

i think you get considered for both anyway. however i am pretty sure my dismal leaving years ago didn't earn me the required points for the course i wanted so... :(

Advertisement