Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where'l I head?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, Im a 24yr old pharmacy technician planning to emigrate, but I cannot decide where to. Canada? Is Australia just one big piss up? Is the U.S impossible to get a visa? Or are there other countries no one even thinks of? Any info and help would be seriously appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No Oz is a lot different if you do a transition course as a dispense tech. There are jobs in Melbourne. So

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Forget the US, visas are almost impossible unless you win the Diversity Visa Lottery.
    Do you speak any languages, or are willing to learn any before emmigrating? I know most of South America is looking for pharmacy techs, but you'd need to speak Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Germany is flying. Lots of pharma companies, don't need a visa, only 2 hours max away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

jester77 wrote: »
    Germany is flying. Lots of pharma companies, don't need a visa, only 2 hours max away.

Fully agree, also try Basel, Switzerland. All the major Swiss pharma/chemical companies are there: Roche, Novartis, Syngenta and Lonza to mention a few.

Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 siobhanio

Awh sound for all the replies. I m a community pharmacy technician so i dunno if the pharma companies would be much good to me, but brazil is something i never thought of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 carinabean

Hi siobhanio

Just wondering if you'd be able to tell me approximately how much do pharmacy tech's earn a year in Ireland, Im about to start the Pharmacy Technician course and have heard lots o different things but dunno what t believe??? Also is the qualification regocnised in Australia???
    Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

Hi,

I've never posted a thread on here beffore and can't figure out how to but just wondering about emigrating to Canada with an MPharm from the UK. Hopefully qualifying in June and will do a community pre reg over here in Scotland.

Interested in emigrating to Canada but can't find any information on how to get my degree recognised over there....anyone any advice?? it would be much appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

IMO You'd be crazy to go work in Canada, US or Australia if your moving purely because you cannot find a decent job.

Lots of work in the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland etc and all relatively cheap to get back to ireland for a visit.

I usually pay around 40 euros return from Eindhoven to Dublin and another 60 euros for car rental for a long weekend.

Move to Canada etc if you want to move to Canada, don't move there and complain about expensive flights home afterwards.

Also if your a knowledge worker in the Netherlands you get a 30% tax break on your wages (30% Ruling) they moved the salary now so you need to earn at least 50k gross to qualify and have a skill thats in short demand in the Netherlands.

You don't even need a car in NL and you can sign up for a carpooling system like Greenwheels if you use a car regularly to do a big shop or whatever and rent a car for long distance trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

Just go to Edinburgh,it's epic! Go for a weekend and you wont want to leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

colincork wrote: »
    Just go to Edinburgh,it's epic! Go for a weekend and you wont want to leave

No ,its cold grey and dull .

• Advertisement
Advertisement