Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut roof or Trusses?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anyone got any views on this? costs,time frame,? 1 1/2 storey dormer,i've been told if i get it cut i need an engineer to sign it off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

IMO you need an engineer/architect/suitably insured professional to sign off on each stage of your build including the roof construction.

I used a cut roof both because of cost & personal recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

At a storey and a half you're probably going to end up cutting part of it anyway. I'd cut the whole lot if I were you. You'll need some sort of support detail at the junction between the flat and sloped ceiling sections, so you're going to need an engineer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

Supertech wrote: »
    At a storey and a half you're probably going to end up cutting part of it anyway. I'd cut the whole lot if I were you. You'll need some sort of support detail at the junction between the flat and sloped ceiling sections, so you're going to need an engineer anyway.

id agree,cut it all in

Advertisement