Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a bit help

Options
  • 26-05-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

i have been shooting for the past few years as a hobby but i was thinking about doing it full time. normally if i shot rabbit or pigeon i would give them to friends or family but i want to start selling them. those any body know any body that would like to buy wild wicklow rabbit and pigeon, or those anyone know any game dealers?

thanks any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

The only way you will be able to sell what you shoot is directly to a game dealer. A license is required to sell to anyone else. To be honest the price you will get for pigeon and rabbit will be very little. It will take a lot of, perhaps too much, effort to make any money this way. You will get a good price for deer but this requires more work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

unless you have a VERY large hunting area id say you would run out of rabbits long before you made a decent bit of money and then your left with nothing to shoot and if there are other lads shooting in the same area i wouldnt imagine they would be too happy about you clearing the place of their hobbie!! I no i wouldnt anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

The cost of fuel,ammo,food - drinks etc etc would it really pay you? I know for deer it breaks even and sometimes more but you have to factor all above in. Sometimes when you love something and you bring money into the equation, it's always turns out sour:p Or so I've been told:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Deerspotter

I have to agree - if money is your main motivation for shooting, your primary concern is no longer the animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

mc_coster wrote: »
    i have been shooting for the past few years as a hobby but i was thinking about doing it full time. normally if i shot rabbit or pigeon i would give them to friends or family but i want to start selling them. those any body know any body that would like to buy wild wicklow rabbit and pigeon, or those anyone know any game dealers?

thanks any help would be great
    hi there yes it would be my ulimate job i have over 4000 acres myseld i shoot rabbit to pheasnat and deer on it and i can only afford once a month rabbit prices are 150 per rabbit skin an all and pigeon only 20 cent each and pheasnt is 3 euro for a pair and deer is 170 a kilo not too bad but no season for most of all them and the dealer is up past rathdrum near gleanealy hope this helps
    jay

• Advertisement
Advertisement