Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movement

Options
  • 26-05-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey im new to this :) im nearly 28 weeks pregnant with my first due in August :) haven't felt any movement yet just wondering how long into your pregnancy did you start feeling ''flutters''/''movements''?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

well i felt first movements around 18 weeks but everybody is different, have you had your big scan yet? maybe your placenta is at the front dampening feelings of movement.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

Heya iv had my 12 week scan and everything was fine could see baby moving etc,,have my 32 week scan near the end of june,granted i am overweight but i have felt nothing at all and i just worry because every1 is asking me have i felt flutters etc and i havent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I was about 20 weeks when I first started feeling flutters, and it was another 4 weeks before I felt proper movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Op it goes without saying that you should go to your hospital or gp if you're worried. At the very least your gp can listen to the heartbeat with a Doppler.

If you are worried about it, put in a quick call to your midwife if you dont want to wait until your 32 week scan.

• Advertisement

i have a doctors appointment monday so will def be saying it you cant help but worry esp when its your first when are you due?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fabberella

hi im 29 weeks pregnant due the 7th of august! i start feeling flutters about 17weeks into it when i say flutters in mean like bubbles bursting!! now im feeling kicks which are getting stronger and stronger by the day sometimes there uncomfortable!! say it to your midwife and see what she says!! but in saying that my step mother didnt feel any kicks while she was pregnant at all and everything was fine my stepsister is 5 now!.. to be honest i wouldnt worry to much.. hope it all goes well for you and good luck :):)

i have a doctors appointment monday so will def be saying it you cant help but worry esp when its your first when are you due?:)

I am due 23rd June

Cant help but worry all part and parcel of it i will def be saying this to my doctor apart from that things are good never felt sick or nothing only small bit of heartburn/leg cramps but other then that i feel great we'd love a boy do any of ye know what ye are having?:)

im having a girl!!
    what date are you due?

• Advertisement

fabberella wrote: »
    im having a girl!!
    what date are you due?

Aww congrats :)

Im due 21st August in Cumh

i was the same as you i wanted a boy so did my boyfriend!! i would of put a €1000 on it i was 100% convienced it was a boy really shocked when they said it was a girl had to get a 2nd opion on it haha..but me and my boyfriend are over the moon now.:)
    are you goin to find out what your having???

i was the same as you i wanted a boy so did my boyfriend!! i would of put a €1000 on it i was 100% convienced it was a boy really shocked when they said it was a girl had to get a 2nd opion on it haha..but me and my boyfriend are over the moon now.:)
    are you goin to find out what your having???

Everyone keeps telling me its a girl because i aint that big bump wise but i dont believe all them myths we are happy once he/she is healthy we have scan in late june and if they can tell us we def want to know we have a list of names as long as our arms we have everything got all we have left to get is a sterilizer are ye all set? :)

Everyone keeps telling me its a girl because i aint that big bump wise but i dont believe all them myths we are happy once he/she is healthy we have scan in late june and if they can tell us we def want to know we have a list of names as long as our arms we have everything got all we have left to get is a sterilizer are ye all set? :)

that was the same with me EVERYBODY told me its a boy.. im not that big myself nobody believes me when i say im nearly 7 months! i still have to get a few things, i have the pram, cot, moses basket and some clothes lucky for me my sister only had a baby a year ago so she giving me the sterilizer etc.. moving house 2mrw so once im settled ill start gettin all the stuff 2gether..
    are you getting the 3d/4d scan? they are amazing so clear :)
    were are you having your baby?

that was the same with me EVERYBODY told me its a boy.. im not that big myself nobody believes me when i say im nearly 7 months! i still have to get a few things, i have the pram, cot, moses basket and some clothes lucky for me my sister only had a baby a year ago so she giving me the sterilizer etc.. moving house 2mrw so once im settled ill start gettin all the stuff 2gether..
    are you getting the 3d/4d scan? they are amazing so clear :)
    were are you having your baby?
    ..your lucky you have most bits its hard to have money for it all lucky you have stuff from your sister we found out when i was 4 weeks and no messing we had everything got by week 12 we recently moved so was great doing the house up and getting room ready 4 baby must get curtains as i think of it lol,,no we just going to get the normal maternity scan i have always loved to get a 3/4d scan but they are so expensive dread going to the maternity its like a cattle mart up there lol i feel dead skinny compared 2 some women i see up der even tho i am over weight myself i dont look nearly 7months a relation of mine is due in 6 weeks and she is huge sumthimes im jealous of her bump lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Heya iv had my 12 week scan and everything was fine could see baby moving etc,,have my 32 week scan near the end of june,granted i am overweight but i have felt nothing at all and i just worry because every1 is asking me have i felt flutters etc and i havent :(

Don't worry you will. I'm overweight too and I remember on my first people asking me if I could feel movement and I couldn't, and wasn't expecting to till passed 20 weeks. But it was only when some one described the flutters to me that I realised I could feel it at about 18 weeks, not regularly, just every once in a while. It feels like the tiniest little tickles in the depths of your tummy and if you aren't paying attention you wouldn't even notice them. It's not like a strong tickle and you think...oh there's one...it's very very subtle.

The kicks do get stronger though and soon enough you'll feel strong movement, like turns and kicks and you'll feel either the butt or the head sticking out lol If you lie on your side at night and put your hand on your bump, you'll feel it moving about :D

Don't worry you will. I'm overweight too and I remember on my first people asking me if I could feel movement and I couldn't, and wasn't expecting to till passed 20 weeks. But it was only when some one described the flutters to me that I realised I could feel it at about 18 weeks, not regularly, just every once in a while. It feels like the tiniest little tickles in the depths of your tummy and if you aren't paying attention you wouldn't even notice them. It's not like a strong tickle and you think...oh there's one...it's very very subtle.

The kicks do get stronger though and soon enough you'll feel strong movement, like turns and kicks and you'll feel either the butt or the head sticking out lol If you lie on your side at night and put your hand on your bump, you'll feel it moving about :D
    Thanks v much 4ur feedback hannibal has helped alot ud just be so nervous when its your 1st i suppose not knowing what to expect eh we'll be happy once our baby is healthy when you due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Avril123

Hi, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place but I need a bit of advice regarding a scan, I had a private scan last Monday and I was 18Weeks and 4Days, during the scan the sonographer meaursed arms, legs etc but was unable to measure the baby's head as the baby had the head facing my back, now she did say everything was okay but I am still concerned as the baby only seemed to move a small bit but not too much and I have a very very small bump, Now I do have an official hospital scan at the end of June when I am 22 weeks pregnant but I am very concerned and worried and was wondering is it okay and safe to go and have another private scan done in a different place to where I was last week, I don't mind paying as I need to make sure everything is okay and I know I only have another few weeks to go before my hospital scan but I don't think I could wait that long. Also I have not felt the baby move but I have heard that this is common and it is my first baby and my frame is small and petite but I am wondering has anyone else had the same experience as what I have written? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

i have to agree with hannibal, i reckon i started feeling flutters at 20+ weeks but i wasnt sure if it was the baby moving for ages and sometimes i wasnt sure if it was the baby or my bowel moving!! im 37 weeks now and trust me ya will be wishing the baby would stay still! if i turn from my side to my back sometimes its like the whole baby is on one side and one side of your belly sticks out (its quite horrible looking!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi,
    this may be a silly question, but can the baby actually move right from one side of the belly to another, when it is only in the 2nd trimester? I have heard people talk about their baby moving around, but it seems to be when the baby is bigger and doesnt have much room?

I ask because I am 18 weeks and sometimes I think I feel these flutters on the left side of my body, sometimes on the right and other times in the middle. Can the baby / womb acually move around so much or am I mistaking something else for these flutters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Somekindanut

I started feeling flutters about 18 weeks. By the time I had my scan at 20 weeks they had developed into kicks. Such a nice feeling! I would call doc or midwife and get it checked if you are worried. Best of luck with your pregnancy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm 22 weeks tomorrow and since last saturday, when i was 21 weeks i started feeling pops :) its amazing and over the week they have gotten so much stronger and are for longer periods it great. And the midwife in Holles Street did say to me when i was 18 weeks that i would probably start to feel my baby move around 21 weeks - she was right! it absoulelety incredible to feel my son moving i cant believe it! will they get stronger from now on since that i'll be 22 weeks tomorrow? thanks
    Kori

Advertisement