Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with clothing

• 26-05-2011 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Heya just wondering has anyone ever got a ''clothing allowance'' for been pregnant as my clothes are getting 2 small now and if so how much?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you are low waged or on social welfare you can apply to your cwo for a exceptional needs payment.
    11.4 Exceptional Needs Payments

If you are getting a social welfare or Health Service Executive payment, you may qualify for a once off payment to meet an exceptional need. It is up to the Health Service Executive to decide whether to make this payment taking into account all details of your situation.

An exceptional needs payment covers essential, once-off exceptional spending that you could not reasonably be expected to meet out of your weekly income.

You may get this payment for:

* bedding or other essential household equipment
    * funeral expenses, or
    * other unforeseen large expenses.

These payments are made by cheque. To apply contact the Community Welfare Officer at your local office of the Health Service Executive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

thanks so much do you also get money to but clothes when pregnant iv heard people say you do/dont would just like to know my entitlements

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No it is not an entitlement for pregnant women to get free clothes but if you do not have the money you may qualify for an exceptional needs payment same as for the buggy and cot.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    No it is not an entitlement for pregnant women to get free clothes but if you do not have the money you may qualify for an exceptional needs payment same as for the buggy and cot.
    im not saying i am entitled i am curious as to what a pregnant woman is entitled to as in clothes,bras etc as they are so expensive a friend of mine in dublin got 120euros when she was 3 and 7 months but havent heard of it in the cork area

Talk to your CWO.

• Advertisement

I know that taut id get some feedback off other people and there experiences first

Thanks again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my friend got 3 clothing allowances, one at 3 months, 6 months and then after the baby was born.

Am not sure if this allowance is still available though, you should speak to the CWO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There are clothing grants for maternity clothes but you need to speak to your CWO to see if you are entitled to them.

Advertisement