Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC mortgage

Options
  • 26-05-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to put this so if it needs to be moved please do.

I have go to numerous banks and mortgage lenders and no will give me a mortgage as im on a 6 month rolling contract. And my wife is working full time.

They wont even give us anything if we leave me out of the equation and we go for a joint mortgage with only my wife’s income.

KBC mortgage are the same nothing if im talking into account (While taking my income)but will give us a joint mortgage if i say im earning nothing and have my wife as the sole earner. Its only half of what we want. but we have savings that will allow us to build the house and make it liveable, not finished but liveable

Has anyone had dealing with the Leander or know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

im in a similar postion to you, i am permanent my partner is not. AIB said thye would give me a mortgage but it had to be a solo application without my partner, KBC said the similar

KBC quoted to me that i could apply for about 120k on my own but 55k if we went joint. as they say new guildlines state that a couple must have 2k left over AFTER they pay the mortgage to live on. therefore after dissgrading my partners income and seeing him as living off me we wouldnt come close to haveing that sort of money to throw about each month.

i have since spoken to BOI who seem to be much more reasonable. they said that they are happy to include my patner and see it as a good thing to have a second person to help pay the mortgage. there criteria is that a single person must have 1200euro left after paying mortage and a couple must have 1600euro (disragarding the non-permanent persons income)

so we are awaiting there reply as to us getting a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

AIB told us that we had to have 2500 of exposable income once we paid off the mortgage every month. Which would of meant that my wife would have to be earning 3200 a month!

I said OK so if we only go with my wife’s income what will they give us and she said NOTHING. when i questioned her on this she got all flustered and wasnt making any sense. I asked her what if we wanted to get 70-80k would we still need the 2500 exposable and she said yes of course but she didnt sound positive. Told her that doesn’t make sense. At the end of the meeting she had the check of saying so how do you feel. I was thinking to my self " like knocking your head in you stupid woman". Told her that we had been banking here since we were both babies, had big sayings, and the meeting we had 6 months ago they said nothing about have to have 2500 exposable. So we are feeling a little disappointed with AIB and the information\lies that we have been given.

First she said no they wouldn’t of told you that you must of been mistaking, then a min later she said well the loan system had changed and that probable why he said that to us. New again will I have any dealing with AIB if I can help it.

Anyone else any dealings with KBC

And good luck AshAdele hope they give you the mortgage.

Advertisement