Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX Question?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all not sure if this should be here or in a tech section, so mods please move if it is.

Anyway,s i have been using FSX on my old laptop, i now have a new laptop but dont have the disc's to put it on the new laptop. so i was wondering if anyone knows if this can be done and if so how.

thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Legally...you'll need the discs (and the serial number)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Thanks for the reply.

Alright I'll see if i can find the discs so cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mackyboy

Hi,
    I just started using FSX in the last few months.
    And this has happened a couple of times, for example

I set up a flight in the flight planner, one time was from Dublin to Manchester, selected IFR - Low Altitude Airways. Started at the gate, set flaps, set autospeed to 250knots, contacted ATC - set altitude and runway heading, taxied and took off, after a while the plane turned to head over the irish sea, and then turn to go to scotland and just keeps going. When i look at the map to turn to the right direction, the ATC tells me to go back to the first heading i was on.
    Can anyone shed any light on this.

Thanks
    MB

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Post the flight route you receive from FSX.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Post the flight route you receive from FSX.

Hi how do i do that please.

MB

• Advertisement

Also i was flying into Manchester, and ATC said i was cleared to land, runway 2, but there isn't one.

other than these two problems, everthing is fine.
    i must be doing something wrong, or is it just a glish

thanks
    MB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

It seems as though you just decided to turn towards your destination and fly without reciving atc aproval to do so. selecting instrument flight rules, low altitude airways, means atc will vector you to destination, with heading and altitude information. You follow the instructions, and arrive. You don't just turn and decide to fly to the destination

If you wanted to just take off, and fly, you need to select vfr, visual flight rules.

Thats why they turned you.

Firekitten wrote: »
    It seems as though you just decided to turn towards your destination and fly without reciving atc aproval to do so. selecting instrument flight rules, low altitude airways, means atc will vector you to destination, with heading and altitude information. You follow the instructions, and arrive. You don't just turn and decide to fly to the destination

If you wanted to just take off, and fly, you need to select vfr, visual flight rules.

Thats why they turned you.

Well, I did follow ATC when i took off from dublin to manchester. ATC put me on a heading. Now if you look at a map of the UK and Ireland, the plane was way past the isle of man and near the scotish coast, when i turned. there is no way that was the right course heading, but thats what they told me to do.

MB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Try this route planner http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Did they say 'turn heading xxx and resume own navigation' ?

That means its putting you back onto course, then you're meant to turn and follow the airway you've got in the flight plan on the GPS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Nforce wrote: »
    Try this route planner http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

I doubt he is going to benefit from that link just yet.

Advertisement