Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For anyone who has completed L.A. Noire...

Options
  • 26-05-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Is the game/storyline long enough?

I know it doesn't have the free roam capabilites to entertain like GTA did so I assume that the story is very long to compensate.

How long did it take you to finish? And is it worth buying?

I'm really interested in buying it but I don't want to be finished with it after a couple of days :/

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is the game/storyline long enough?

I know it doesn't have the free roam capabilites to entertain like GTA did so I assume that the story is very long to compensate.

How long did it take you to finish? And is it worth buying?

I'm really interested in buying it but I don't want to be finished with it after a couple of days :/

Thanks

Yeah I think so. I'm not fully finished myself yet (on the Arson desk now) but the story in the past 2 hours of it I've played has just been brilliant. Even through the course of the game so far, I didn't expect the story to branch out like it has. It starts off slow, you move from patrol to traffic, then on to homicide and each case plays out like an episode of a TV series. You also have newspapers to find, which each build in to the thread of the plot and have some fantastic scenes in them.

The game is primarily built around its story so if thats your thing, you'll definitely warm to it. My play time so far is about 16 hours and I've had it since last Friday. Cases can vary from 30 mins to over an hour on some of the Vice ones so you can either play it for lengthy periods, or treat it like a TV show and do a case a night.

Personally I'd highly recommend it. Don't go in to expecting GTA or RDR and you'll be very pleasantly surprised. It reminds me a small bit of the old Police Quest titles for the PC if you remember them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I had it done in 20 hours or so with 90% completion, but still have collectibles left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Took me just over 20 hours to finish the main game, but like calex I still have things to collect. I'm also considering replaying some cases to get a 5 star rating on them all. I really enjoyed the game, although it is not perfect and I can understand how some people are not enjoying it. Still, I would recommend it, maybe read some non-spoiler posts/articles if you can and if it seems interesting to you, definitely try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

can be boring. 25-30 hours gametime if you go to 100% it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Just thought I'd update. Bought the game and I am absolutely loving it. Best campaign-based game I have played in a long, long time. I am on case 14/21 and have been playing it for almost two days straight.

I would highly recommend anyone who was in the same position as me to get the game. Couldn't be further from disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

To be fair, it doesn't have much replay value unless you count all the street crimes you can attempt after (or during) the main story.

I do recommend you buy it if you like the idea of a detective-y video game.

There's also plenty of collecting to do after the main story (i.e. reels, cars, landmarks)

Advertisement