Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of pen do you use! simpless

Options
  • 26-05-2011 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS IN THIS POST ASWELL AS THE POLL

Hey,

I dont have a clue where to put this post so since it has partly to do with consumers ill stick it here,... sorry if its in the wrong place!!

Basically all i want to know is what brand of pen (typical cheap ball point pen) do you use and on average how long do you have them for,!

Sounds like a stupid question but I'd appreciate
    if ye went along with it and answered it honestly ,!

Since i can only post one poll can everyone please reply saying the following:

1) what brand of pen you use

2) how many weeks you would have each different colour pen
    (red would usually be used less than black and so would last longer)

3) the average amount of time you would see (including when its just on the table infront of you) your pen for, based on a five day week!

Cheers, All your comments are really appreciated.

P.s. would everyone be able to post their age in their reply aswell please if they dont mind!

On average how long do you have your pen 13 votes

less than 3 weeks
    0% 0 votes
    between 3 and 6 weeks
    53% 7 votes
    between 6 and 8 weeks
    23% 3 votes
    between 8 and 10 weeks
    7% 1 vote
    more than 14 weeks (3 and a half months)
    7% 1 vote
    More than 16 weeks (4 months)
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Bic ballpoint I would say I have it a day and I'll have a new one tomorrow and a new one Monday. I just leave them down out of my hand and never see them again.
    I used to have fancy pens but kept losing them, so just stick with whatever is in the supply cabinet at work

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

mcgarry098 wrote: »

1) what brand of pen you use

2) how many weeks you would have each different colour pen
    (red would usually be used less than black and so would last longer)

3) the average amount of time you would see (including when its just on the table infront of you) your pen for, based on a five day week!

1) I just use the ones in the supply room at work. Have a handful of them in my laptop bag at all times in different colours. Looking at them now, they don't even seem to be branded - just says "ball pen medium" on them.

2) I have no idea how long I'd have them. As I said, there are always several in my bag, and I just top up my supply when I'm running low. I suppose you'd sort of see those pens as a disposable item? I'd often leave them behind me without noticing; even if I didn't get them from work I'd just bulk-buy them and use them in the same way.

3) I'd usually have a couple of pens on my desk for most of the working day (10-12 hours a day, Monday to Friday) - however, as I said above, they wouldn't necessarily be the same pens every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have no idea where to put this thread - it has to be one of the bizarrest requests for information that I've seen :) So therefore, I'll leave it in Consumer Issues

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Being sick and tired of losing pens constantly, with kids and hubby constantly taking them and leaving them somewhere, they literally take them out of my filofax I decided to start getting cheapy ones. I really like the pack from Tesco that includes red blue and black click pens. I like the feel and how they write. I dont know how long it takes for them to waste as they have usually been stolen by then but happy with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP, most unusual questions. May I ask why you are doing this research, who for and what purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I'm a cheapskate. I stocked up on freebie pens at the ploughing championships last year. :D

I donate blood so I usually grab a pen or two when I go to the clinic.

It is at least a year (maybe two) since I last bought one. Then it's the cheapest available. Not bothered about brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

haha well I do have a reason for askin these, its not just a pen fetish I have ;) but I have an idea related around pens and there users and need some imformation to back my ideas up! The answers are for my own use to help me know if an idea I have could work! The questions are ridiculous,,, but there is method in the madness haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 aisog

I would use the steadtler biro if I had to, prefer to use uniball fine in black ink, only really use black pens. Bit particular about my pens so generally have them till they run out! Usually buy a 3 or 4 at once and maybe replace them every 4-5 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Gave up using pens cause I kept loosing them, now I just use a sword. Not as good, but I never loose it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I honestly don't pay any attention to pens, or how long I have them for. I have many pens, from Argos, Blood donation clinics, work, charity pens, and I could have them for years or days.

If anyone out there actually knows (or could even make a good guess at) how long they look at a pen in work, or could tell you how long each colour pen lasts, then I'd seriously doubt they're the sort of person that will buy into your idea. It's more likely they would stab you with the pen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

my pen is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There's a bic one that has a rubber grip that I would use if I'm doing a lot of writing, but for everyday scribbles and stuff I use regular steadler ballpoint (preferably black) but I always throw away the lids.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I stay in hotels a lot, so I have a gazillion hotel biros in the bottom of laptop bag and handbag. I'm currently using one from the NH Schiphol hotel - but it's going to get the bin soon as it has a tendency to form blots easily.

My all time favourite is my company's branded pen - just a basic swivel pen, cheapish enough, but it writes really nicely.

Advertisement