Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonzai Tree - Where to get?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anybody know a place that sells them?
    Southside preferably...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

why not make your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trowel

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    why not make your own?

because it's a gift

but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are getting it for an experienced bonsai fan, then please ignore this comment. If you are getting it for someone as a surprise, please be aware that its a bit like giving a white elephant. They need a considerable amount of care, they are not indoor plants and they are very easy to kill. Jus' sayin' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

trowel wrote: »
    Anybody know a place that sells them?

Got a 14 year old bonzai from http://www.gardens4you.ie/ over 2 years ago for about €50 at the time. Delivery time was just a few days from what I remember
    looksee wrote: »
    They need a considerable amount of care, they are not indoor plants and they are very easy to kill.

Wouldn't really agree with this. Mine is indoor and doing really well. Actually needs bigger pot soon.
    As long as it's kept watered (I soak mine in sink at least once a week), kept in a bright area but not direct high level sunlight and a trim as and when required, it fairly easy to maintain. To be honest I rearly feed it and it still thriving.
    I knew very little of keeping any sort of plants before I got this and as I said it's doing really well.

Just to add this is the one I have: http://www.gardens4you.ie/index.php?/House-Plants/Bonsai-Elm-Parvifolia-25-cm-S-style.html
    There are cheaper, younger trees of the same species depending on budget. I wanted something of a good age for what I was willing to pay. The fact it was already pre-shaped was a bonus, I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tons of bonzai trees for sale in Ikea in Ballymun for feck all euros too.Downstairs in the gardening and planting section.

Good ones too,according to my other half.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Urban Plant Life on Cork Street has bonzai trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Johnstown garden centre near naas has a great selection, and accessories if starting from scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Tesco have them for a Tenner,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Tesco have them for a Tenner,

But they're just seedlings in tiny pots. I don't understand why people buy them. That's not a bonsai:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

can you link to one of these seedlings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement