Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mp3 Display Screen Too Dark!

• 26-05-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Have a Creative Zen Microphoto. Display screen is really really dark and almost impossible to see when Im out n' about or in a car. It's fine and really clear when in a room but when am out it's very hard to see and read it when selecting stuff to play. When I tilt it or hold it at an angle the screen info comes into view a little bit but still pretty un-readable. Only for the buttons themselves are lit up to indicate it is on, the screen stays pure dark black as if it hasn't even been switched on, that's how it looks.

No amount of wiping it with a cloth makes any difference, just when am out in car it's so dark. I suppose can have whatever I want to play set-up beforehand and ready to hit play but still if I want change it or play different stuff it's difficult when I can't see what I'm doing. It's lit up fine and is perfectly clear for a few seconds / minute etc. when it starts playing a song, but then it fades back into the "not-switched-on" look.

I don't know if it's to do with weather that would make a screen hard to read/see? I'm trying to think of a phone screen scenario, but I think phones usually light up once touched anyway? If it's to do with Settings, maybe it's in idle Status, which could be affecting how quick it fades?

Any enlightening suggestions to fix/solve this much appreciated! :D Ty. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There's absolutely nothing you can do to improve legibility on that device - advising you to buy something else isn't much help, but that's realistically the only option.

The Zen Microphoto is quite old, and unfortunately for you uses a very old tech OLED screen, one of the first colour OLED screens actually. It being washed out in daylight is just one of the screens many flaws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah I see, it would be the case of the manufacturer's realizin' as the years went on, that they should improve devices screens and make them more legible I see what you mean. Don't think I'll be forking out for a new one though. I do hope Sales Assistants know their stuff though, and advise potential customers if some Brands have different quality of screens of this, rather than having to wait until after one buys it and puts it to use to find out then that it's so hard to read.

Oh well will just have to work with what I've got I think, not going buying a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Anyone with dark screens like this got any hints to get the Device back into light lol??!!? It's been so dark for a few days now n haven't had any luck getting it bright again to even change Playlist. Usually I might hit it lucky to get it at such an angle that it's even a little bit legible to be able to change Playlist or a few different genres etc., but haven't managed to for last few days now .... :( Anyone know of any tips or tricks or methods to hold it in such a way that it'll come into light again lol ..... :(

Advertisement