Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agents. Can anyone recomend a good/non-rip off one

Options
  • 26-05-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hi there

in dublin north
    I m thinking of renting my property and I wonder if anyone can recommend estate agents.
    I called flynn and they seem ok ( they answered calls, arrange to come over. etc) however their fees are double than dublin lettings for example ( i havent contacted them yet)
    is it worth it to pay more, and why?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

I've heard bad things about Flynn on the sale side of things but not sure about the rental. When I see ads by Dublin Lettings it makes my stomach sick they're so badly presented (or maybe it's lettings123 i'm talking about).

I've used Sherry Fitz in the past and found them pretty good - paid 7% of the years rent though just for a straight letting so think i'd prob shop around if I was doing it again. Some of the smaller companies can be very good and there's a lot of them around. They don't have a huge stock of properties so they can give your property more attention and they will prob offer a fairly competitive rate. There's a company called WOW! - they're in Finglas I think. Couple of people I know used them and spoke very highly of their service. Also Bartholemew McElahatton advertise on the radio - maybe they're good??

I'd look up ads online and make sure whoever you might go with puts effort into their ads cos some ads out there are absolutely SHOCKING!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

As a tenant I could recommend June Mc Connell Lettings. Out of all the letting agencies I have used they have been the most professional and the property was clean and tidy when moving in and they made sure with my exit check that everything was as how I moved in. So if I were to pick any agency I would be looking for this type of agency. Haven't a clue how much they charge though. http://www.junemcconnell.ie/index.php/about/

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badinfleunce

I have a house to let myself in Swords. I'm considering using www.lettingsagent.ie, they have a deal on for 400€ for letting. It seems pretty
    reasonable. I have family who can look after my property should the washing machine break down etc. so the lettings service should be fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭SomeUnusedName

thanks for all the comments :D

Advertisement