Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice RE summer accommodation in Cork

Options
  • 26-05-2011 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm just wondering if people have a bit of advice or tips for me. I have to move to the Cork area for three months from late June. I need accommodation and was wondering what the price range is for a basic room. I don't want to live near the centre or anywhere remotely close to UCC. I have a car and would be very happy to live in somewhere like Cloyne, Glanmire, Kinsale, Carrigaline or the surrounding area. Is it possible to get rooms for less than €50 per week?

PS - local mods can move this to the A&P forum if they see fit of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Not sure if you could get a room for less than 50 euros...I was going to suggest student summer accomodation. For instance, you could get a room in an apartment in The Village student accomodation for about 60 euros a week, which is on the outskirts of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

How come you are moving to Cork for three months is it a student thing (as you mentioned UCC)....Would you be interested in renting a room in a familyish home as such..No kids just parents:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

you could try parchment square on the model farm road, i lived there during the summer a few years back and afaik it was €50 a week from june till the end of august,
    its all apartments, try get an en suite!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Student accommodation tends to be less bang for buck from what I've seen. I'd imagine that there'd be much better value available elsewhere. Given the current economic climate, most landlords would probably be only too happy to agreed a short term lease with you. Keep checking Daft.ie, I guess, and be mindful that most of the rental prices quoted are negotiable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I'd have an option for you in St.Lukes/Summer Hill area for around that money via my aunt who normally caters to short stay people. If you want more info drop me a pm. Of course it is 5 minutes from town - not sure did you want to avoid town because of expense or because you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ROROCORK

Sherry Fitz Lettings have rooms on college road from 50 per room or a 4 / 5 bed apt for €850 per month for july august

Advertisement