Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating a person

Options
  • 26-05-2011 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I have to find an elderly gent in Kill. I have his name but not an address. I am doing some research into his outstanding past and would like to meet the man.

How would someone locate a person . I have tried the phone book with no result

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Try the shop or pub in kill. Ask some of the locals and they may help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭shazza07

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Try the shop or pub in kill. Ask some of the locals and they may help you.

head into the Old House pub and if the Lawlors who work and own the pub don't know no one will. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I have family from Kill. Put the persons name up and I might know them. Also your best ports of call will probably be the parish priest or the pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Ask in the Old House, there was a pub quiz there two Fridays ago and that was a question that came up "Which local man won the TT race in x year". Some of the older locals had to answer it for us and they seemed to know him very well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Put the persons name up and I might know them.

Please do NOT post someones personal details up on a public site without their permission.
    Use the PM system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Try the electoral register, it should be in the local library and maybe the post office. You will have to trawl through it as it is based on estate or townsland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Please do NOT post someones personal details up on a public site without their permission.
    Use the PM system.

In fairness, a persons name is hardly confidential. People's names are put up online all the time on this site and has proved very useful in things like increasing awareness for missing persons and trying to locate them.

Op, unfortunately the name doesn't ring a bell.

Advertisement