Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAC.ie why so expensive

Options
  • 26-05-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know why it costs forty five euro to apply online for a postgrad? It seems expensive to me seeing as its all online and it gets forwarded straight to the college the moment you send it in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

i think its ridiculous! i applied to three different colleges so had to pay nearly 150 euros just to get my application in the door. You would think that the few grand we'll have to pay out to do the course itself would provide enough income for them! Id say they would probably say that the 45 is an administration fee or something! Dont think it is all pacs fault though say the high fee is mainly driven by the college itself, because UCD doesnt use pac you just go to them directly and they also charged a similar amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

they want people to be serious about their applications and not be clogging up the system (people at pac who read each one , then send each one to whatever college etc, pac have to scan each document you send in and email it to the college). If they didnt charge this amount you would have the system taking forever to process genuine applications because of the people submitting to every postgrad just in case something doesnt work out for them. Hell youd probably even have people applying just in case they lose their jobs.

Fee is totally justified and correct IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Electricbarn

So the fee of 45 euro is just a disincentive? Its not am administration fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

of course the fee covers wages etc. but your asking why its so high and i expressed the reason why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

systems cost money. They DO NOT fall from the sky, less again when they are reasonably robust, integrated and effective.

• Advertisement
Advertisement