Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Issues with Eircom

Options
  • 26-05-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A couple of months ago an eircom salesman arrived at our door. He was offering us 8mb NGB broadband which was a big improvement on what our then provider (Pure i think) was offering. My mam rang me up at the time (I was in college) to make sure this was the right move as she wouldnt be au fait with that sort of thing, and I said it would be a big step up alright.

So a weeks ago I moved back home and the internet was really slow. I did a few speedtests and was getting results of around 0.2mbs. I got their bill to check and low and behold we are on a 1mb Home Starter package. I rang up to see why and was told by a CSR that NGB isnt available in our area yet. I said that this is what we were promised, and her response was something along the lines of "well they are rolling it out quite fast and wont cost anything extra"

Now the package we were on is a home phone and BB bundle for ~€50. Our last bill came to €115. The significant difference was mainly due to some "Broadband Activation Fee" of 19.04, which was a once off Im told, and mobile call charges of €32.68+VAT. Now when the CSR was explaining the bill, she said a couple of times, "well thats what happens when you're calling mobiles outside your bundle".

However, after I got off the phone I went online to see how much p/minute mobile calls actually were (~22c). I then noticed that you actually have a talktime mobile offer, which is tailored to people who make a lot of mobile calls, which is around the same price as what we're paying now.

So just for comparison, I decided to compare against UPC. They can offer 12mb broadband, home phone with free off peak calls and mobile minutes which are about 40% cheaper, for €42 p/month.

So Im just wondering what ye make of this, the whole experience seems that i was let down by the salesman, let down by the CSR and that the overall value is still not as good as UPC, am I missing something?

(If you can pass this on to Jim, he seems to get things done :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Well I am after signing up to Eircom and this is the same kind of stuff that I have come on. They are not offering what was promised in the offer and what was signed up to. I signed up to a simple introductory package of 40 euro for the first 6 months and my two first bills are 57 euro and 98 euro. Now they have cut me off for not paying the deposit in time so they can stiff me more when I have to reconnect.

I don't get this company to be honest and I think this forum is really highlighting what is happening with customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ColHol wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

A couple of months ago an eircom salesman arrived at our door. He was offering us 8mb NGB broadband which was a big improvement on what our then provider (Pure i think) was offering. My mam rang me up at the time (I was in college) to make sure this was the right move as she wouldnt be au fait with that sort of thing, and I said it would be a big step up alright.

So a weeks ago I moved back home and the internet was really slow. I did a few speedtests and was getting results of around 0.2mbs. I got their bill to check and low and behold we are on a 1mb Home Starter package. I rang up to see why and was told by a CSR that NGB isnt available in our area yet. I said that this is what we were promised, and her response was something along the lines of "well they are rolling it out quite fast and wont cost anything extra"

Now the package we were on is a home phone and BB bundle for ~€50. Our last bill came to €115. The significant difference was mainly due to some "Broadband Activation Fee" of 19.04, which was a once off Im told, and mobile call charges of €32.68+VAT. Now when the CSR was explaining the bill, she said a couple of times, "well thats what happens when you're calling mobiles outside your bundle".

However, after I got off the phone I went online to see how much p/minute mobile calls actually were (~22c). I then noticed that you actually have a talktime mobile offer, which is tailored to people who make a lot of mobile calls, which is around the same price as what we're paying now.

So just for comparison, I decided to compare against UPC. They can offer 12mb broadband, home phone with free off peak calls and mobile minutes which are about 40% cheaper, for €42 p/month.

So Im just wondering what ye make of this, the whole experience seems that i was let down by the salesman, let down by the CSR and that the overall value is still not as good as UPC, am I missing something?

(If you can pass this on to Jim, he seems to get things done :D)
    Hi ColHol
    If you PM me your tel no I will investigate this. I should be able to clarify and hopefully resolve these issues.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hi Tony,

Any update on this? The more I read other threads the more I realise a lot of people were mis-sold products. It wasnt an isolated affair. Is there anything being done about it?

Cheers,

Col

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ColHol wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Any update on this? The more I read other threads the more I realise a lot of people were mis-sold products. It wasnt an isolated affair. Is there anything being done about it?

Cheers,

Col

Hi ColHol
    We have brought this to the appropriate sales teams attention. It is certainly not in eircoms interest that a customer is mis-informed about a package. There does appear to be some confusion about NGB availability and we are doing our best to make sure this is properly explained on point of contact. In regards to yoru own query I should have a reply for you a bit later today.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

eircom are robbers......i was with them for 2 years every single month my bill never ever was less than 100e after gettin my last bill for 136.54 i said fork that.....been with vodafone for 5 months now.. and my bills have NEVER gone above 55e NEVER, eircom its beyond me how ur still in business, i know loads of people gottin screwed by ye and run to providers, i give ye 5 years max

• Advertisement
Advertisement