Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a cheque [was "About cheque!!!"]

Options
  • 26-05-2011 3:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

So im working part-time job on satudays and sundays .. work 13 hours.
    And I get 98.00 euro for those 2 days..
    The problem is Im just sick of putting lodgments (the cheques) in the bank and then I have to wait till money will be added to my card..
    Is there any way that u can just give ur cheque in the bank and they give u ammount of money that is on the cheque straight away without waitting any days. (I HAVE BANK OF IRELAND CHEQUES) and my bank is AIB..
    Please help guys.. Live in Dublin 12 ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cash it in a local shop/pub that know you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yup, head to your bank and ask them to cash the cheque for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Don't lodge the check just walk in ask to cash it and they will get you to sign the back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can only get cash for a cheque if you bring it into the branch in which the cheque writer has their account. It should be written on the cheque. You will need photo ID, and even then, they don't have to cash it for you.

If the cheque is crossed, it will not be cashed.

A better idea would be to ask to be paid in cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Ask to be paid electronically?

Advertisement