Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information on Corralejo please.

• 26-05-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hello,
    we are off to Corralejo in July and staying at Las Dunas Residential. I haven't been to Fuerteventura for 20 years and would appreciate any tips, ideas on what to do, where to go and if anyone has been to Las Dunas Residential, I'd love to know what you thought of the complex. The youngest is 15yrs old, so don't have to worry about restrictions etc. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Been to Corralejo twice in the past year, although haven't stayed in Las Dunas, hopefully someone else can help you on that front. When I was going I found the reviews on travelrepublic.ie were very helpful, and when we got to our apts both times found they had been mostly accurate.

Personally I recommend hiring a car (not sure on your numbers but a taxi from the airport - Corrie return is about €50 each way, so that 100 can make car hire very cheap when you think about it.

The waterpark was a great day out in walking distance as well as a day at the famous Grandes Playas just outside town is not to be missed. There are surf schools there at a fraction of the cost you would pay here, about 40 per day I believe.

If you have a car I'd recommend an evening in El Cotillo (bout 20 mins drive west) there's some nice restaurants and stunning scenery and sunsets. For shopping it's worth a trip to the capital, Puerto Del Rosario to the excellent Las Rotondas centre, which has most of the high street shops found here at more reasonable prices (tax free I believe...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Thanks 2nd coming, these tips are great. I will also check out travel republic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Las Dunas look nice. I stayed in a neighboring complex and was a little jealous.

The water park is about a 2 min walk away and i'd definitely recommend it.

As regards things to do, there is a national park just south of corralejo which is more than worth a look.

Lots of shops, pubs and places to eat along the main street, Personally i'd recommend casa de la carne for the steak of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Gary4279 wrote: »
    Las Dunas look nice. I stayed in a neighboring complex and was a little jealous.

The water park is about a 2 min walk away and i'd definitely recommend it.

As regards things to do, there is a national park just south of corralejo which is more than worth a look.

Lots of shops, pubs and places to eat along the main street, Personally i'd recommend casa de la carne for the steak of your life.

Thanks, someone else told me this place was good, so will check it out. Can't wait to go now, we booked the place direct and got flights ourselves. We saved nearly 600e for a 3 bed townhouse including flights,taxi transfers etc, compared to a one bed apt with a famous travel operator.
    Was also told to go to El Sombrero restaurant and Imagine. Thanks again for your reply. :D

Advertisement