Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How ye all feeling?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

i am 28 weeks sunday with my first i will be having my baby in Cork University Maternity Hospital due in august anyone else due around that time?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I was 26 weeks this week, so just over a week behind ya :D I get jealous when I hear of people who are a few weeks ahead of me... can't wait to meet our baby!!! :p
    I'm in Dublin... going to Holles St.
    Am completely knackered! How's your pregnancy been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

liliq wrote: »
    I was 26 weeks this week, so just over a week behind ya :D I get jealous when I hear of people who are a few weeks ahead of me... can't wait to meet our baby!!! :p
    I'm in Dublin... going to Holles St.
    Am completely knackered! How's your pregnancy been?
    Lol im d same when sum1 says a week in front of me :( time is dragging saying nearly 7 months seems nearer lol i get tired around 9 every night and sleep like a baby we found out when i was 4 weeks have everything got just a sterilizer left to get even hve bags packed 4 hospital i have never been sick only a bit of heartburn and leg cramps other den that i actualy feel great im trying to keep fit as i am overweight how about u how u feeling?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Im going to Holles St too Liliq........think they are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm due on christmas day. I already have a new year's baby, I didn't think I'd be facing another one at christmas!! ah it's all good though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cottontail wrote: »
    I'm due on christmas day. I already have a new year's baby, I didn't think I'd be facing another one at christmas!! ah it's all good though :cool:

I was due with my last on christmas eve. . . he eventually arrived on the 6th of january :D this one is due on sept 27th, so i'm aiming for around october 11th. that way i won't be waiting :D
    I'm so tired though too this time, not sick at all, which is surprising since i was sick on all 3... but the tiredness is a killer:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Lol im d same when sum1 says a week in front of me :( time is dragging saying nearly 7 months seems nearer lol i get tired around 9 every night and sleep like a baby we found out when i was 4 weeks have everything got just a sterilizer left to get even hve bags packed 4 hospital i have never been sick only a bit of heartburn and leg cramps other den that i actualy feel great im trying to keep fit as i am overweight how about u how u feeling?:)

Sounds like you're well organised!!
    Reflux and tiredness are what's getting me at the moment... the tiredness never really went! But I'm completely floored the last 2 weeks :rolleyes:
    Just impatient now!!
    Winnie wrote: »
    Im going to Holles St too Liliq........think they are quite good.

Ive found them ok so far, but not great to be honest... the first time anyone though to take my blood pressure was I think my third visit... it was really low for my usual. The first time they checked my urine at all was that visit as well. Would have thought they'd be two fairly standard checks for all visits!!
    I was in their emergency department once, and apart from the long wait, I can't complain at all about the care I received!
    The only problem I had (and I know this is the case in the Coombe as well) is that there's only one doctor on call in the hospital after 5pm... Wouldn't want to be there if there's 2 or 3 real emergencies happening at the same time :eek:

cbyrd wrote: »
    I was due with my last on christmas eve. . . he eventually arrived on the 6th of january :D this one is due on sept 27th, so i'm aiming for around october 11th. that way i won't be waiting :D
    I'm so tired though too this time, not sick at all, which is surprising since i was sick on all 3... but the tiredness is a killer:rolleyes:

My first was due on 28th dec, and arrived on 2nd Jan. This one is due dec 25th. I'm hoping they don't end up with the same birthday :eek:

I find that i'm not sick this time either, I was vomiting daily until 33 weeks with the first, so I'm convinced this is a girl (last was a boy). Then again, I was convinced the first would be a girl too!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

I'm 26 weeks now with my first, i suffered with all day nausea for the first 13 weeks, felt great up until week 20 where i started getting severe pelvic pain. was diagnosed with SPD 3 weeks ago so im finding it tough now. had my glucose tolerance test last week only to find out i have gestational diabetes too!! i'm overweight also Amy so i know my weight isn't helping things! i wouldn't change it for the world though and can't wait to meet babs!

I found out on my birthday when i was 6 weeks gone,but i didnt start buying until i was around 18 weeks(i couldn't wait) i have mostly everything now! i got great bargains on my pram and i bought a Tommee Tippee steriliser in argos last week for €47 i also got 6 Tommee Tippee bottles reduced to €19.99 in argos! good luck with your pregnancy ladies!!:)

god love ya, sounds like you've had a tough time of it lately. It will all be worth it in the end though, so hang in there! You sound like you're pretty well sorted equipment wise as well, I wish I was as organised!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm 20 weeks on saturday. :D and starting to get tired now in the evenings around 9 or 10, earlier if i'm out. but dont want to be taking it easy, i find that i have to be motivated now!! i'm due on the 22 of October and cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I feel fan-flippin-tastic. Was so worried about this pregnancy, I was too afraid to let myself believe that I was pregnant, but I'm 18 weeks now and so far:-

- BP is fine, which went haywire on the first pregnancy, so I'm delighted and surprised it's behaving so well this time

- They finally got blood out of me yesterday for the booking bloods, it was my third time to go back and I'm sure every vein in my arm is wrecked now lol

- I saw ickle junior kicking about and a lovely little hand yesterday, and it's well in line with the dates

I am so so happy...this could finally be a normal pregnancy and I am determined this pregnancy and birth are gonna be about me and junior...no section this time.... and we're gonna push this ickle one out with out ANY intervention ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

27 weeks on first, in Limerick Regional. was doing fine last few weeks but now utterly shattered again every evening (thinking of going to bed now actually!!) feeling very nauseous again since last week too but going up to my mammys for a few days over the wknd so being mammied is always nice:D

saw baby's face on the last scan, still cant believe im going to be a Mammy, as i was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome 5 yrs ago so thought i would never get pregnant!!!:)

am feeling very weepy last few weeks,any one else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

28 weeks today with my third...my four and two year old have sore ears and snotty noses and I haven't gone further than the washing line in four days!! going slightly mental...

trying really hard to only sit forwards to keep baby in a good position- tough when all I want to do is flop on the couch! determined to have this baby at home though- the other two were star gazers which makes for a long and difficult labour...and I'd take twelve weeks of sitting on the floor over that any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Somekindanut

30 weeks with my first. Going to the Rotunda and can't wait!:) Feels like it's really dragging now.

Advertisement