Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist killed on Ennis Road

• 26-05-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Just after hearing this story this evening, it happened as the guy was coming out of the Knockhill estate opposite the Greenhills. Its not in the link but I heard <snip>

RIP
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0526/mayorstone.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Saw the bike on the ground as i passed soon after. I think it was an orange bike which would be like a postmans bike alright. It was in an unusual place for an accident as there is a cycle lane there and plenty of room for cars and cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

is that the same postman that does ballynanty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Poor person.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thanks for posting that Alan. I hope you don't mind, but I've removed part of your post. It's best not to speculate about these things. I'm sure his identity will be given in due course.

I cycle a lot around the Ennis and Condell Roads, and this happened within a few hundred metres of my front door. It's a shock to be reminded of how dangerous the roads can be. R.I.P. to the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks for posting that Alan. I hope you don't mind, but I've removed part of your post. It's best not to speculate about these things. I'm sure his identity will be given in due course.

Don't mind at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Terrible tragedy, R.I.P.

My condolences to his family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Originally Posted by Insect Overlord:
    I cycle a lot around the Ennis and Condell Roads,

I too, used to cycle around that area as I live nearby.
    I stopped a few years ago as I felt nervous of the volume of traffic on the Ennis Road.

Condolences to the poor man's family. R.I.P.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

My heart goes out to his family at this time.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I knew the chap. Went to school with him. Sound guy.

RIP

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

God love the poor guy, married with 5 year old twins :( RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orbiter

Very sad news indeed.
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Played football against him a good few times and knew him from out and about years ago.

RIP

Advertisement