Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why loyal customers get bend and f'ed, but new ones get all the treats?!

Options
  • 26-05-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I am with O2 for awile now. Had to stick with them because it's the only network that has reception at my work place.

I was looking to upgrade my 3GS to xperia play. O2 offer: 250eu for device and 35eu per month 18 months contract...

I checked vodaphone: 99eu / 35eu pm / 18.

Then I checked it again, but by accident chose option where I upgrade from prepay to bill pay vodaphone and it went to 279eu / 35eu pm / 18!!!!

I presume O2 will have similar pricing, ut I can't check as it's not working for me...

How come networks don't give 2 ****s about loyal customers.

Back from where I came, was very long time ago, I used a network which had point system for loyal customers. Longer you use them, more you spent - more points. Then when you do upgrade, you can use you points to knock a full price of device if you wanted! That was ages ago, I don't know if that metwork is still up, but atleast i felt that company wanted to keep me and I was rewarded for loyalty...

Sorry for rant, just a bit upset that I cant pick up a new toy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

O2 are very bad for upgrades. They always tell you in a few more bills time and keep moving the deadline or tell you your bills aren't high enough. I found Vodafone better, you get an annual upgrade regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Play them at their own game, port to prepay on another network if you can and then switch back if you like. With coverage that may not be possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

lomb wrote: »
    Play them at their own game, port to prepay on another network if you can and then switch back if you like. With coverage that may not be possible though.

Do port if possible but for O2 to regard you as a new customer you'd need to be off their network for 3 months after you port your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Do port if possible but for O2 to regard you as a new customer you'd need to be off their network for 3 months after you port your number.

I was tinking to do that, but I see I can't. Cheers m8.

Kind of silly that loyal customers have to do stunts like that to get better deal which new comers get just like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I just ordered a new phone with voda 10 or 20 euro cheaper if i was porting i was a bit peved but at the end of the day i had to stick with voda because free voda to voda saves me a small fortune with the other half, saying that the new cherry points for pay as you go customers seems pretty good as long as you are a decent user of credit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement