Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lough mask

• 26-05-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

how is mask fishing these days? headin over for a few days next month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Dead yesterday im afraid....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

fisherking wrote: »
    Dead yesterday im afraid....
    goin over in 2 weeks, lovely lake sceneray is great too, if i catch fish it will be a bonus!:)... prob be better off trolling ?? the mayfly is as good as gone?...
    hope these high winds are gone by then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

yellow and black taz , grey and black taz , green and gold taz , blue and gold taz

rainbow trout rapala 7cm
    brook trout rapala 7cm
    black and gold rapala 7cm

All have worked well for me on mask any time i was there

yellow and black taz , grey and black taz , green and gold taz , blue and gold taz

rainbow trout rapala 7cm
    brook trout rapala 7cm
    black and gold rapala 7cm

All have worked well for me on mask any time i was there
    ya cant beat the tazys these past few yrs:D... have had fish up to 4lb on the black and gold this yr,though the gold is more of a green/grey colour, is that the grey and black you mentioned? cheers for that, stayin in clonbur for a night so will get a few days in.....bring the fly rod in case too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

the grey and black one is actually greay with black markings on it , if you go onto their site its called grey ghost.

I use it on ree too have had a few on it up there too.

• Advertisement

whats the proper name for that site? just seen dvd of guy who uses the tazys without the insert! split ring and small swivel, split ring stops the treble from getting caught in tazy, he said it usually means on the take the tazy goes up the line and doesnt allow the trout to use it to try dislodge it!?!! might give it a try sunday:D for the craic

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It wasn't great there last weekend, though to be honest a lot of that was down to the weather. Only really managed to get out for about 2 hours trolling on the Sunday. Fishing wasn't fantastic, but you can't expect much in that time. Managed to get a little perch which was something at least.

There was no sign of mayfly, or any fly life of any kind, but with the high winds and rain that was expected. In two weeks it could be an entirely different story.

Must have lures if you're trolling would be a small perch coloured rappala and a size 3 or 4 "black fury" mepps. Both can pull a nice trout, will often get a good perch or pike as well.

have the perch rapala's alright and most tazys, never seen one of those mepps, havent used spinners in yrs, wouldnt be that popular here... must have a look for one though:)cheers....

its been 2 yrs since was on mask, lovely spot and makes for a nice change of scenary even if the fishing isnt great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaprm1gKodh1GRZq3Wfh9cCVf_qBYMNBWMb6G5ZlynQ-qh6MTF
    as mad as it looks ive heard these take trout on the mask you can also get ones with a dressed treble

ronaldo84 wrote: »
    as mad as it looks ive heard these take trout on the mask you can also get ones with a dressed treble
    i troll a little faster with the tazys wouldnt be great for the line to fish these with them, but fine with the rapala's though.havent used a mepps in ages:).. blue/silver blue/gold black/gold tazys work too, or did 2yrs ago :D..oh and roach rapala's, and rainbow rapala

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

i used to troll mepps spinners but i used to tie 3 swivels about 2-3 ft apart to stop the line from twisting

i used to troll mepps spinners but i used to tie 3 swivels about 2-3 ft apart to stop the line from twisting
    yeah i use 2 barrell swivels a foot apart for the tazys and minnows.

is there somewhere online to compare boat hire prices? or is it just ring around, want one for 3 days... staying in cong clonbur area

right! the boat is booked, looking forward to it now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

can I ask how much you got it for bayliner?

30euro per day...he said....50 including engine...bringing my own

Advertisement