Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora

Options
  • 26-05-2011 9:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

This should be a good one. It's set for the end of July.

There was supposed to be some scuffle between the two at the 02 last weekend. Was anybody there and did you see what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Step up for furey, i think chisora will take this..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Tough one to call. Sneaking suspicion that Fury might just nick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,112 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I gotta' lean with Chisora here, and inside the distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Furey's conditioning was shocking against Mcdermott, is chisora's much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Greenjab

This should be a good one. It's set for the end of July.

There was supposed to be some scuffle between the two at the 02 last weekend. Was anybody there and did you see what happened?

I was watching on Sky Sports PPV, you could see the crowd looking away from the Gavin fight to watch what was going on, the camera never moved off the fighters, but by the reaction of the Crowd its was far more exciting that what was happening in the ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

This is down to be on channel 5 in the uk. Anyone know how i can get this on my sky box i dont have that channel

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

I think chisora will be way to sharp for fury and wins easy imo. Im thinking 6th rd tko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I hope Fury bashes his head in. Chisora is a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I think Fury can win this. From the bit I'v seen of Chisora he doesn't look to have big power. I seen him against Sam Sexton land to the body but they weren't hurtful punches. For his build of only 6'1' he needs to be landing with menace ala the classic Tyson hook to the body. A big guy like Fury won't hurt so easily to the body anyway.
    Fury is also almost a stone lighter than in his early fights, he is much fitter than he used to be and even his boxing looks much more controlled and effective.
    When I see Fury interviewed he comes out with some fierce guff but I still find myself liking him and hoping he does well. He's like yer wayward daft cousin who gets into some fierce scrapes but is "not a bad lad all the same".
    I liked his funny line "If I lose this fight well I musn't be any bloody good so I might as well give up"
    In Chisoras credit when Fury offered him his purse if he loses, Chisora said give it to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chisora inside the distance. Not a nice guy but he is decent in the ring to be fair to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I think this might be a step too far for Fury here. I'll be putting my money on Chisora within the distance. Would like to see Fury win but i'm letting my head rule this decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 righteous_man

Are any of the Irish channels showing the fight??

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Its on channel 5 which is available on SKY in Ireland if you feck around with your box. Google it, I think its pretty easy enough.

I managed to get my ringside pass for this one so will be heading to London in the weekend.

I am leaning towards a Chisora points victory because he is more proven. But I am hearing that Fury is in proper shape. we will find out at the weigh in tonight.

I have no strong feeling either way which makes it a good match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I can see Fury falling over like a giant tree around the sixth round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I can see Fury falling over like a giant tree around the sixth round.

After he knocks himself out with an uppercut

Look at the weigh-in on youtube. It may change alot of your minds on who you think will win this fight. Chisora weighed in at 261 lbs, his usual weight has been around 245 lbs. That is 16 lbs extra of what you see is clearly fat on his upper body. Chisora doesn't have much weight on his lower legs from seeing him training. Quite simply his balance is going to be all over the place. His stamina will be awful.
    Fury came in at 255 and looked in decent shape for the weight. In much better shape than Chisora. Chisora will be gassed after three rounds of any reasonable action. Chisora will now be completely reliant on an early knockout of a man he has to punch upwards to hit while fighting from his usual crouched stance. Not going to happen. Furys defence is much tighter and improved last few fights. Fury stops him in 7th round I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Look at the weigh-in on youtube. It may change alot of your minds on who you think will win this fight. Chisora weighed in at 261 lbs, his usual weight has been around 245 lbs. That is 16 lbs extra of what you see is clearly fat on his upper body. Chisora doesn't have much weight on his lower legs from seeing him training. Quite simply his balance is going to be all over the place. His stamina will be awful.

Seen the weigh in's there on Sky and have to say I was not impressed. You have to wonder what he's thinking, he may not rate Fury but he's a solid test compared to most of his opponents.
    Chisora was unlucky not to get a shot against Wlad, loosing to Fury would be very damaging for his future

Usually when a stocky powerful guy like Chisora are seriously overweight their stamina and speed are gone early in the fight. Moving 261lbs around on legs/lungs/heart designed to carry 230. He's going to fade early.
    When he was 244 lbs I didn't think he'd much workrate and I didn't think he'd much punch accuracy to finish people off.
    Fury is average enough at times but he'll be able to concentrate because he'll be fresh. Like any sport, you make shed loads of basic errors when tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Chisora is a complete headaball, his approach to this fight may have cost him alot of money in the future.

I think the fights with John McDermott made Fury realise he had to up his game. Check him out training, his personal gym beside his house is unreal. Puts most gyms to shame for the amount of gear and space he has. If he's in there twice a day six days a week he'll have no problems on the stamina front. I had thought he would be one of these stand in one spot and hit the heavy bag guys. But it looks as if he is dedicated these days. He's doin strength training as well, he's not just relying on being 6'9" and 255lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I was edging with Fury anyway in this fight but the weigh in has made we more confident. Fury looks to be in the best shape of his career, of course looks can be deceiving but for once he doesn't look fleshy at all(although he doesn't exactly look like Wlad either). Questions have been asked about his stamina, but he normally works to a very high workrate and I think with shedding some of the weight if he's done the business in training he should be conditioned enough to last the 12 if he has to.

Now Chisora on the other hand........well he doesn't look as fat as I expected him to at 261. It's clear he has added some muscle mass, but at the same time he certainly looks more 'dough boy' than 'del boy'. The extra weight isn't going to help him at all. I've had huge concerns about his stamina, and against Sam Sexton it just happened he was lucky enough to be facing someone who has absolutely awful endurance otherwise it would have been Chisora who got stopped. He was blowing badly by the end of that one. He needs to be mobile, and fluid, using his greater speed to get the better of a vastly bigger opponent and now he won't have it.

Fury doesn't always take advantage of his height and reach and sometimes gets involved on the inside. This is Chisora's only real shot at winning as he can land his overhand right, which is pretty accurate and hard when Fury is within a range he just shouldn't be. If Fury uses his head, he'll box from the outside and control the fight against a tiring and immobile Chisora, before getting a typical British refereeing style mercy stoppage.

Fury somewhere between 9-11 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Chisora to leave the stadium half an hour before the main event and catch the next jet out of the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

It is more interesting if Fury wins I think..

What time will the actual fight start? 9PM or 10PM?

Excited at the prospect of Fury being improved since the Nascimento fight. Nascimento was not all that awful. It's just guys from Brazil don't get many "name" fights. It's USA/Europe/UK and Ireland for most o these matchups.
    The improvement Fury showed in that fight was massive compared to McDermott fight. Also Nascimento was dealt with easier than McDermot and Nascimento looked like he himself would make short work of McDermott.
    Fury had his guard, jab, concentration and stamina much more well tuned for that fight.
    I'll stick with Round 7 stoppage as I think Chisora will be blowing bad and Fury will be using his straight right better than he has in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

10pm on Channel 5 if you have Sky (additional channel)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

anyone have a link for this? nothing on myp2p, and don't have sky so can't tune it in.....cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

anyone have a link for this? nothing on myp2p, and don't have sky so can't tune it in.....cheers

Probably because its to early for a link. But theres a few mentioned in the Khan thread that should be good closer to the time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What time will these two be in the ring at? Cheers :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone think either Chisora or Fury have a chance of beating Wladimir Klitschko?

Advertisement