Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This is hilarious. That flurry by Chisora was something you'd see a drunk doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

is it legal to bend your opponent over the top rope?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

They're best buds now.

He's gonna come out swinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Bar a ko this is fury's fight. Have to say its been fun to watch :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,112 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think you guys are being a little harsh on them. They're giving it their all; Fury for such a big man is very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

good performance from fury - had €50 and 11/8 €35 on Fury pts :)

walshb wrote: »
    I think you guys are being a little harsh on them. They're giving it their all; Fury for such a big man is very useful.
    I'm enjoyed that. I'd always enjoy a good fight between bad fighters than a bad fight between good fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm delighted for Fury, he deserved that. He put effort into preparing for the fight. Chisora didn't respect his opponent and clearly didn't put in the work to get ready for it. Chisora either learns big from that or he will be just another bum for the rest of his career.

The referee needs to learn how to ref too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Except for a few rounds in the middle it was pretty entertaining I thought. Both seemed to have decent chins as they both ate a good few clean punches. Fury might have something to him, I quite like him, but he really needs to keep those hands up! He was wide open for a lot of it. Chisora was not in shape and it showed.
    Fair play to Fury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done Fury. I enjoyed that.

Fury is only 23, wonder what he'd be like at 30 if he kept himself in shape and focussed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

good performance from fury - had €50 and 11/8 €35 on Fury pts :)
    You remind me of a lad I know, he will only tell us his bets as they are about to or do come in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Fuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to see the (part?) Irish lad do it. I fancied Chisora to win by KO but after seeing the weights I wasn't so sure. Tyson has a lot of good qualities but he's nowhere near ready to fight Vlad.

Both of Fury and Chisora are inexperienced really. Tyson is young too. There's plenty for him to improve on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Fury is only 23, wonder what he'd be like at 30 if he kept himself in shape and focussed
    He has to tone up a bit and learn how to box a bit better, it is the start of a new an interesting road for him.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Enjoyed that big time, delighted for Fury. He's fairly nifty for a giant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Tactical perfection from Fury/Fury's corner. Still a way for him to go but he is only 23! Looking forward to seeing him in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He has to tone up a bit and learn how to box a bit better, it is the start of a new an interesting road for him.

I don't think he'll ever get as much definition as the Klits, his height seems to have his balance outta whack a bit as well...

Enjoyed the fight and sickened by 50 euro bet wasn't carried to paddy power on time... I wanted 50 on tyson to win at 2.25 and 20 on a points win at 4.7 :(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Good scrap, lost money on a KO didnt expect it to go the full way.

Fair play to Fury, but certainly he should have at least 2-4 more fights at least before he takes on Wlad. He isnt ready.

DB10 wrote: »
    Good scrap, lost money on a KO didnt expect it to go the full way.

Fair play to Fury, but certainly he should have at least 24 more fights at least before he takes on Wlad. He isnt ready.

FYP :D

• Advertisement

He said it himself he's not ready and that he wants to take the regular steps to world class, ie he wants the European title first... which is very smart way of going about it in fairness instead of getting whopped by Wlad and then having to get momentum all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope he learns some boxing skills first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I doubt he will ever be ready to take on Wladimir TBH, Chisora had him all over the place in the 2nd. If Chirsora was very fit and motivated I think he would have gotten Fury out. You always feel that Fury is 1 above average (not great) punch away from being in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Fight worked out as a lot of post weigh in commentary predicted. Chisora was blowing hard after 3 rounds. By God there was an overhand right in the 11th or 12th from Chisora that was like a man swinging a 10:10:20 bag o turf up onto a trailer.
    Fury was incredibly arm punchey, had no power in his shots. He had maybe 6 proper solid shots in the fight. All of the rest were takeable. He didn't wobble Chisora once even though he had him there stood in front of him waiting to be hit. Yes he is young, but I can see tonight that this is as high as his level goes. I thought I'd seen something against Nascimento but I dunno. Tonight was a step backwards skillwise.

He has very little punch power, something he'd really need at that weight and size... but he's definitely progressing. His attitude is much better, he lost a lot of weight before the fight, and he could definitely rise above this level to at the very least European level... which isn't bad. Again he's young, so he's plenty of boxing ahead of him.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Wouldnt write off Fury yet hes very young, and hes just become British heavyweight champ. I think too many people have a thing about putting down boxers on here because they arent a world champ and even then they put them down.

The fact there is even talk either of these guys should get a world title shot in 2011, is pure crap really and a testament to how the division is crying out for more quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

efb wrote: »
    I hope he learns some boxing skills first

You should teach him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

He probably could teach him.
    - Straight right use yer legs more
    - Use 1 -2's to disrupt yer opponent
    - Power into the left jab
    - Don't get too close
    - Keep your hands up

I was really hoping Fury would show something tonight and in flashes he shows some of the above basics. But then there's large parts of the fight where yer looking at him thinking "You have shown you can do this, but yer not doing it?"
    The amount of hooks and uppercuts he threw was daft. He will never be great on either of those punches. He's far too tall and long in the limbs.
    He's not an accurate puncher and yet with Chisora cornered he was trying wild uppercuts. It was screaming out for him to just plant down on a straight right down the middle.
    I think he'll have a few offers from coaches now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Aye, maybe Lee (who I think is his cousin?) will put in a word for him in the Kronk, get him sparring with the big men ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You should teach him

Well I'd teach him the jab anyway, he doest seem to know how!!!!

a straight flush punch would be nice too!

They are Boxing 101 punches.

Its like he learned how to fight, but never how to box.

Advertisement