Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fathers rights child moving abroad

Options
  • 26-05-2011 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey.throwing question out if anyone had any feedback or being in similar situation. My ex partner wants to move to spain with our 7 yr old.she is Spanish but has lived here for last 15 yrs.she wants to move away as her new partner has got a job and they want to move.I have had my little girl every wkend since she was one.I have not missed mainteance payment and am her legal guardian.also she has strong links to my family,good school and friends in ireland.I don't think this is right thing for her but am afraid if went legal judge would rule in favour of the mother.any thoughts on?cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I think there is a 50/50 chance it could go either way. The fact the child is a long established resident here goes in your favour strongly.

A judge could be swayed by the child having two parents effectively, and better job prospects, which means better provisions for the child.

That you have been consistently involved also moves in your favour.

So unless she comes up with a very good access plan that she can help pay for or pay for entirely, my guess is you would have a very good shot at stopping them from moving, especially if this partner is not her husband and its HIM with the job prospect and not her, as he has no legal obligation to provide for the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

Have a look at THIS.

Advertisement