Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June bank holiday weather

Options
  • 26-05-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Could someone give us some good news for the bank holiday in June (4-5).
    Planning my yearly pilgrimage to mayo for some camping fishing and a few beers.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ORACLE2

On the Met Eireann forecast tonight after the news at 9 Jean Byrne did give a hint that there might be an improvement in the weather on the cards from the middle of next week and also on this forum MT has also indicated an improvement in June as well so hopefully so you might be in look.
    elius wrote: »
    Hi all
    Could someone give us some good news for the bank holiday in June (4-5).
    Planning my yearly pilgrimage to mayo for some camping fishing and a few beers.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72434702&postcount=37

Nice dollop of high pressure sitting right on top of us, fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

GFS for the 3rd June. Let the hysteria begin...........

160666.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

please god, last 2 june bank holidays were great. Its the leixlip festival that weekend, basically the town sits in a beer garden for 4 days-rain and cold wont do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Mnay sources including MT and BBC are forecasting a settled spell from Thursday. BBC are going further and saying it is the start of a prolonged spell of settled weather and are suggesting that there will be drought conditions over much of the UK including NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A settled spell yes but those BBC/UKMO long range forecasts are consistently inaccurate. I don't know why they still bother doing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Weather after the 9 news again mentioning the possibility of warm settled weather for the bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    GFS for the 3rd June. Let the hysteria begin...........

160666.png

Score !!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

here you go

leaving and junior cert starting soon, warm days ahead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    here you go

leaving and junior cert starting soon, warm days ahead.

Exam weather settlin in. We normally get our summer in late May early June anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

At last my potatoes reall need it

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Heat wave predicted from the 3rd June onwards including the whole of July, similar to the Summer of 1974. Temperatures to reach 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

bmarley wrote: »
    Heat wave predicted from the 3rd June onwards including the whole of July, similar to the Summer of 1974. Temperatures to reach 30's.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Sorry do not have a link but heard this on Shannonside radio yesterday, the forecaster sounded believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sorry do not have a link but heard this on Shannonside radio yesterday, the forecaster sounded believable.

Email and ask if they will stake their job on it. That should sort out any beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Don't you mean 1976?? - summer 74' was pretty mediocre!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

12z ECMWF for the 4 June. Still looks good.

160871.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

From the Met Eireann outlook.
    Current indications suggest that Thursday, Friday and next weekend will be dry with good sunshine. It will become much warmer also with temperatures reaching the low 20s in many areas.

Shweeeet :D

Models this morning and mentioned by MT suggest it would be wise to make the most of the coming warm spell later next week and weekend, since it appears to go downhill rapidly thereafter:(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

df1985 wrote: »
    please god, last 2 june bank holidays were great. Its the leixlip festival that weekend, basically the town sits in a beer garden for 4 days-rain and cold wont do!

You obviously didn't run the mini marathon in the pouring rain last june bank holiday monday!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

beco wrote: »
    You obviously didn't run the mini marathon in the pouring rain last june bank holiday monday!!!

Yeah I thought the same when I read the post too. We were soaked to the skin!!
    Im off to wexford for the BH weekend so hopefully the sun will be out! :)

People should make the most of Wed-Sun, goes downhill again rapidly after with a swift return of breezy cold upleasentness:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Birdnuts wrote: »
    People should make the most of Wed-Sun, goes downhill again rapidly after with a swift return of breezy cold upleasentness:(

Well I hate to sound greedy but three days just isn't enough. It's almost worse when you get a couple of nice days and temps go back down low and the wind comes back, it drives me nuts, I want 3 full months of sun :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Birdnuts wrote: »

But other models are suggesting its the start of a long long settled spell that could last til end of June.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It will be very warm and sunny on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Temperatures may reach 25c inland. Typically 21 or 22c elsewhere. It may get cooler from Sunday but it's still uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

darkman2 wrote: »
    It will be very warm and sunny on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Temperatures may reach 25c inland. Typically 21 or 22c elsewhere. It may get cooler from Sunday but it's still uncertain.

Any ideas what the winds will be like up around North Donegal on Saturday? I've a big adventure race and I'm hoping not to have to cycle into a strong headwind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Shouldn't be anything more than a light breeze on Saturday. Looks like its back to a cold northerly again on Sunday though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I'm encouraged by the trend in all the models (except one) today, in holding on to most of the high even into Monday. Now it probably will get a bit cooler in all areas on Sunday and Monday, but the push of much cooler air from the north has been somewhat downgraded from what I saw yesterday on the same models.

At this rather early point, would suggest that the west, central and southern counties are likely to see highs of 22-24 Saturday, 18-21 Sunday and 17-19 on Monday. The trend in the north and east will be more like 18-21, 15-18 then 13-16. But some of these lower numbers will be felt only along the coast from Dublin north, it will gradually warm up inland.

We'll see if the models hold on to this gradual trend because it also extends into the week beyond Monday, and keeps at least some warmth for the south rather than plunging back to this past week's levels. (Like 16-18 sort of temps instead of 13-16). The north may get back into unsettled conditions at times by late Monday and Tuesday, on the pattern suggested today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I'm encouraged by the trend in all the models (except one) today, in holding on to most of the high even into Monday. Now it probably will get a bit cooler in all areas on Sunday and Monday, but the push of much cooler air from the north has been somewhat downgraded from what I saw yesterday on the same models.

At this rather early point, would suggest that the west, central and southern counties are likely to see highs of 22-24 Saturday, 18-21 Sunday and 17-19 on Monday. The trend in the north and east will be more like 18-21, 15-18 then 13-16. But some of these lower numbers will be felt only along the coast from Dublin north, it will gradually warm up inland.

We'll see if the models hold on to this gradual trend because it also extends into the week beyond Monday, and keeps at least some warmth for the south rather than plunging back to this past week's levels. (Like 16-18 sort of temps instead of 13-16). The north may get back into unsettled conditions at times by late Monday and Tuesday, on the pattern suggested today.

Met eireann didn't seem to be agreeing with you at the 9.30 weather.
    They were in agreement about this weekend: maxs of 22C Thurs, 24 Fri, 22 sat and 20 sun, but after that she mentioned that it doesn't look good, din't seem to have the same hope of a lons settled spell . .but then they are always very conservative!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

she mentioned that it doesn't look good,

hurricane-iniki-3.jpg

I agree with MT. He is absolutely right on all the models this evening. A cooling trend next week but id say average sunny spells, some cloud, the odd shower. Chilly breeze on East and North coasts.

Advertisement