Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block Laying Quote

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

We are going the self build route using direct labour. Our house is approx 3000 sq ft, two storey with about 70sqm of windows doors. Our block contractor has quoted us €8500 to block the house (approx 8000 blocks including the garage), this also includes putting in the first floor joists and plywood floor for both the house and the garage.

From what I am reading the price is max 80c per block for a good blocklayer.
    We are also pumping the cavity so the blocklayers are not fitting the insulation for us.

I just want to see if this price is too much or are we getting a fair price .

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭leon76

Thats a good price. The blocklayer is also doing some extra carpentry work so that seems reasonable. Where abouts are you building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BuildGirl

Hi

we are building near Longford. I thought it was a fair enough price but just wasnt sure.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

I got blocks up for .40 cents , 4inch on edge , . Can't fault the work at all .

Advertisement