Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone missing a create bike???

• 26-05-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

I was offered a Created fixed or single speed bike to buy in the shop today by some little s***s, it's lime green with a red chain, anyone know who owns it??
    It turns out a local girl actually took it off them and has it, she contacted me on spacebook, shes one ballsy lady!!!
    Any way it would be great if we could find the owner.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I would have to ban myself for suggesting what I'd like do to does little knackers, fair play to your friend.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Yup, I would love to do such things to these people,it passed my mind to buy it and find the owner but that would only encourage them to steal more bikes and if I took it off them my shop may be trashed!!!
    The girl in question is not my friend just a local, I don't know her but she's got balls,I hope we can reunite bike and owner even if it is a Create:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Report it to the guards and throw it up on adverts saying you're trying to find the owner maybe?

Obviously you wouldn't want to give it to anyone with out proof but it makes sense that the owner would be looking for a new bike and could come across it.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Report it to the guards and throw it up on adverts saying you're trying to find the owner maybe?

Obviously you wouldn't want to give it to anyone with out proof but it makes sense that the owner would be looking for a new bike and could come across it.

Good idea, I'll have to register with adverts to put an ad up (don't I?)
    Too tired for that now, maybe tomorrow!!
    I will find the owner,if I don't the poor girl will be stuck with a pants bike;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Get that to the Garda ASAP, Your handling stolen goods, as good as your intentions are, they can be quite pedantic and with you working in a bike shop it may look a little dodgey if the Victim randomly sees it with ya.
    The person who has lost the bike will hopefully have had the sense to report it stolen. If they look here just refer them to the Garda, get a badge number and full details when you leave it in.

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    Get that to the Garda ASAP, Your handling stolen goods, as good as your intentions are, they can be quite pedantic and with you working in a bike shop it may look a little dodgey if the Victim randomly sees it with ya.
    The person who has lost the bike will hopefully have had the sense to report it stolen. If they look here just refer them to the Garda, get a badge number and full details when you leave it in.

I don't have it, I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole,some hero of a girl took it off of the little feckers, she has it and contacted me,I'll ring the Garda in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I would have to ban myself for suggesting what I'd like do to does little knackers, fair play to your friend.
    Wreak something?

Holyboy wrote: »
    I don't have it, I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole,some hero of a girl took it off of the little feckers, she has it and contacted me,I'll ring the Garda in the morning.

Yea Id be the same, wouldnt want anything to do with it. Make sure she reports it and doesnt decide to use it for the craic in the meantime.

How much did they want for it?

Haven't got a clue just told them no. I get offered bikes about five times a day, just the area I'm in!!
    She doesn't want it, she has a fixed gear herself and it is a Create!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I'd suggest contacting your local community policing office on this one. You should get a more thorough response from them than from ringing the public office, which can be quite a hectic place. If it's been reported stolen it should be easy enough to reunite it with it's owner.

• Advertisement

Haven't got a clue just told them no. I get offered bikes about five times a day, just the area I'm in!!
    She doesn't want it, she has a fixed gear herself and it is a Create!!!

How old were they? most the time Im ever offered stuff its usually 12 - 18 year olds, maybe they do it becuase they have nothing else to do.

Not making excuses for them, they should be knocked around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 claudiu_ceia

Bikes get stolen a lot around Dublin, aren't they?

2 guys tried to steal mine last week while I was at the cinema in Cineworld but they got arrested. Anyway, I play basketball in Sportsco/Ringsend every Friday and Sunday and there were 2 bikes stolen from there in the week-end, I can let them know if you want? Maybe it's one of those?

Contacted the Garda they have no report on their system of a stolen create bike,but I still live in hope that we can get it back to its owner.

Contacted the Garda they have no report on their system of a stolen create bike,but I still live in hope that we can get it back to its owner.

Maybe it wasnt stolen until the girl robbed it :p

Advertisement