Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nandos mahon point

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

i am going to nandos in mahon point soon, anyone been there ? what was the food like ? and is it expensive ? we booked for 7.30 the movie starts at 9 does that give us enough time ? , i heard you can be waiting for the food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

i am going to nandos in mahon point soon, anyone been there ? what was the food like ? and is it expensive ? we booked for 7.30 the movie starts at 9 does that give us enough time ? , i heard you can be waiting for the food.

It's a fast food joint so you've got plenty of time. Price is a little high for what you get, found the platters to be reasonable. Have heard complaints from people relating to the wraps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66975270

ETA: I love Nando's, try the extra hot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Found it very expensive and lacks in quality compared to London

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Love it. Get a half chicken, chips and a side. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

well i tried it and i hated it . overpriced fast food and not even that nice plus we had to go up and order it ourselves get our own cutlery and drinks etc . way overpriced for level of service should have gone to aberakababera upstairs at least they dont pretend to be a restaurant when their just fast food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

well i tried it and i hated it . overpriced fast food and not even that nice plus we had to go up and order it ourselves get our own cutlery and drinks etc . way overpriced for level of service should have gone to aberakababera upstairs at least they dont pretend to be a restaurant when their just fast food

That's the way it is in every Nandos WW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

tried it thiis afternoon...waaaaaaay overpriced...its nice grub...dont like the system the use....wont be going back mainly cause of the price!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

In my opinion Nandos is very child friendly, they gave my little boy free balloons and crayons to draw with each time we've been, also theres free refill on drinks. Granted it's a little pricier than the fast food joints upstairs but it's in a different league altogether. Dining out with small children can be a bit touch and go so having respectful helpful staff is a must and we've never had any issue with Nandos.

Very high quality food that has a different flavour to the regular stuff about. Theres also a great atmosphere, feels a bit like you're on holidays abroad. :cool:

My husband can't wait to get his free chicken with our loyalty card! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

Vinta81 wrote: »
    That's the way it is in every Nandos WW.
    well i had never been in nandos hence the post in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The prices are crazy. Its only a bit of chicken that will burn the gob off ya. I was in there a month ago but its not for me. Other than that the food we got was very nice and the staff were extremly courteous and friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Found it very expensive and lacks in quality compared to London
    that seems to happen alot, look at pizza hut and kfc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

The prices are crazy! The food is quite tasty, especially if you like hot stuff but I would be very slow to pay €8-9 for a chicken wrap, without even getting a side!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I think the prices are astronomically ridiculous for what you get...

Everyone saying that it's tasty, I completely disagree. There's one thing that it is and that's HOT — very hot. It's actually quite tasteless.

Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Lol @ the thought of Nando's food being hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Prices are really really high for what you get! Free refills on drinks are fab though, but I won't be rushing back there:rolleyes:

Advertisement