Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Outage?

• 26-05-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Anybody else having major issues with Vodafone BB tonight (as opposed to the usual rubbish that you have to put up with). My speed is down from 7mb to 0.03mb.....cannot get through to Vodafone as per usual. No other mention of it on here so just wondering if it was just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Anybody else having major issues with Vodafone BB tonight (as opposed to the usual rubbish that you have to put up with). My speed is down from 7mb to 0.03mb.....cannot get through to Vodafone as per usual. No other mention of it on here so just wondering if it was just me?

Yes. Some sites fine, others not loading or loading very slowly. Speedtest.net won't load for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

n97 mini wrote: »
    Yes. Some sites fine, others not loading or loading very slowly. Speedtest.net won't load for me.

Same, went to magnet speed test n got normal results. Xbox is on the blink, not sure if its VF or XBL :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I got some good speedtest readings over the last day or so, but it seemed really slow. The site barely loads now....ah well, I'll have to make do with the 3G for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Not just me then, what a nuisance was about to watch a movie and it won't stream, youtube is fine though :confused: In cavan if it matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

One of the sites loading veerrry slowwwly is www.independent.ie -- try this image. Loads like I'm on dialup (and 14.4k at that!)

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00901/granny_indo_901467c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Yip same here. Very hit and miss. Speedtest amongst other sites won't load but I can ping it fine.

I'm based on Carrigaline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

My Vodafone at Home Broadband is out for 2 weeks exactly today, was very reliable until 2 weeks ago and just went. Getting no where with Vodafone support, despite phoning them daily

Pullin my hair out at this stage don't know what to do any suggestions???

My Contract is up in July but since they are not providing a service at the moment can I claim the contract void ?? Very annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Ye, that's strange. I am getting a 32ms ping, 0.03mb download and a 0.50mb upload. Muppetry of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

My Eircom stopped working mysteriously, im guessing they cut me off before vodaphone changed me over. Im using an Eircom router and not officially on Vodaphone but it connects and works with their log in details and I am having terrible speed issues.

I do a Eircom and Speedtest.net and get around 11Mbps, they I try and download something and I’m lucky if I get 1-2Mbps. The speeds seem to be going up and down like a yo yo, even if I load up say 4 downloads it won’t hit the 11Mbps or around that.

1313819983.png

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Speedtest.net not working here in Wicklow - a certain well known social net wofking site taking ages to load!!!

• Advertisement

Gerard93 wrote: »
    My Vodafone at Home Broadband is out for 2 weeks exactly today, was very reliable until 2 weeks ago and just went. Getting no where with Vodafone support, despite phoning them daily

Pullin my hair out at this stage don't know what to do any suggestions???

My Contract is up in July but since they are not providing a service at the moment can I claim the contract void ?? Very annoyed.

Have you tried selecting new customer option, give them your number and explain to them what's going on and you would like to be put through to the cancellation department?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

My bb is pinging over 700 and even into the 1000's for the last two days it's not the first time that this has happened.

Seems the already super slow broadband support line will be even busier tomorrow.

The way its looking im cancelling and going back to Eircom while I still have some chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Yip same here. Very hit and miss. Speedtest amongst other sites won't load but I can ping it fine.

I'm based on Carrigaline

Same here today for me, in Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

vodafone.ie is also down so they could be having issues with their network.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Same problems here in Meath, must be a DNS issue, boards.ie is fast but I'm having issues with plenty of other sites including FB. Been like this since I got home around 6pm. Got on to speedtest.net earlier ok, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭monster1

Vodafone mobile broadband is not working properly either, speed test works [URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1313875848.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]1313875848.png

but it is taking me ages to open pages, and i cant download anything, but youtube seems to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1313884238.png

I bet no one's is as bad as mine. This is vodafone home bb from Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ConCoBar

Yeah it's ridiculous! I can't get on anything properly. Some sites load up in no time but others take about 10 minutes! You'd think they'd let us know and keep us up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Same here in Waterford. Some sites just didn't bother load while others shot up really quick. Was downloading at 3kbps earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Same here in Clare - it's banjaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tippboi

same here in nenagh in tipp.. some sites load fine, others dont.. been like this for over a week.. i rang them and they told me its fine must be a wireless issue.. plugged in a cable and its still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Could it possibly be the network thats in trouble, seems like anything outside of Ireland is loading incredibly slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Its seems it only started today. Been fine up to today. Now i cant use it at all.
    Have to use my O2 mobile broadband instead of My Vodafone 8mb.
    Thought it was my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Same position here some websites load others don't. Tried open dns and still have the same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yup, same in South Tipp.

Facebook isn't working..only top of the page is loading... so so annoying, and way too much of a regular occurrence for my liking. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

callaway92 wrote: »
    yup, same in South Tipp.

Ditto here in North Tipp as well.

I've never had a problem with Vodafone broadband until 15.00hrs today.
    Can't open a lot of media websites.
    Boards is the only site that i can access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

I thought it was just me having problems with the Vodafone Broadband. I can log in to Facebook but the page wont come up!
    Im in Co Wexford
    No problem with Boards though, or Google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I reckon we'll get some b/s excuse from Vodafone blaming the wind for this outage.

That's assuming one of us can get through to Vodafone:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

Same here in Meath, Vodafone BB, able to access most Irish sites no problem, sites outside of Ireland not a chance.

Advertisement