Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Outage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

seems to be ok now on everything

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

confirmed back up working. Yipeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Up and running here as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

working now time for bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

All seems fine here this morning also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

jeffk wrote: »
    Have you tried selecting new customer option, give them your number and explain to them what's going on and you would like to be put through to the cancellation department?
    Thanks Jeffk for reply, phoned them this morning so Customer service Rep asked me to stiick with them today until they investigate and see if they can rectify today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Thanks Jeffk for reply, phoned them this morning so Customer service Rep asked me to stiick with them today until they investigate and see if they can rectify today.

No worries you’re welcome.

Yes they are not keen on letting people go easily, but what I would do is give them time within reason and they say look I’ve tried your way and it doesn’t work. So they can’t say you didn’t do this or you didn’t do that.

Most of the time they’ll have a protocol of try this or replace that and after that they’ll have to say to a supervisor or manager it can’t go any further. Then hopefully they play ball.

I found most of the Vodafone staff to be helpful; it’s the system on the phone line and after company policies that I question.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭monster1

It appears it is down again, sick to the teeth of Vodafone!!! down for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

Working as it should here!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭monster1

It is doing the same as it did last night, not loading up pages fully, and taking an age to load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm getting the same symptoms again today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

mcgovern wrote: »
    I'm getting the same symptoms again today.

Same here, just started happening again. All was fine this morning. Poor from Vodafone. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

monster1 wrote: »
    It is doing the same as it did last night, not loading up pages fully, and taking an age to load.

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Happening again for me also :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

My BB is down again also. I called Vodafone tech support and they said they had no other reports of similar problems. I'm calling BULLSH1T on this one. It also appears that they are unable to check what is wrong as their system is currently down. ........"maybe if you call back in an hour or two, we might be able to check what the problem is.....I have been here all week and I've heard nothing about any outages or problems". How ironic is it that a customer calls about a fault, they deny they have had any problems, and when asked to check the line, they say THEIR system is not working. COMICAL stuff!

Called customer care, and their systems are down too, so they can't check your account, give you any details or basically do anything. They are looking to have it back up in the "next few hours"....

Edit: They admitted that there was a problem yesterday, for a little while, and only in the evening.... Not interested in hearing that a lot of users are complaining of the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

Yep, has started acting up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Turning into yet another reason for me to leave Vodafone...

Seems to be working again at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yep, back here now also. (For the moment!)

• Advertisement

Yep, seems to be working again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Just off the phone from them and they were no help. There fault guys are to ring me back but nothing yet. He couldn't believe how bad the speed was he was shocked. I asked for a tech to come and they said they don't have. Looks like eircom will get me back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Been having a similer outage problem myself for the last few weeks, but it seems to be localised to YouTube. My broadband keeps cutting out and going to limited activity in the middle of watching any video. It will buffer to a certain point and then i usually have to watch up to that point and re-connect and sometimes refresh the page.

Anyone have any similer problems and/or a way to fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Noticed this myself...tech was quite genuinely calling across the floor to see if there were other reports...a few...apparently the problem is with heanet...

...but go easy on tech support...150 out of 200 were told they were being let go in October this morning and they are all in shock...

After that tech support will be in place like India...

So maybe it is a good time to jump ship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Not what I want to hear as a new customer.

Just signed up last week and it only went live this morning with rubbish (0.8meg) speeds - first call I was told system was down, 2nd call (after 20 mins holding) was told "Oh for some reason you're set up on a 1 meg connection as a new customer and we'll reset you to the proper speed setting which could take 24 hours". Is that complete BS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Thankfully i've had no interruptions to Vodafone BB service here today.

yesterday was dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

aare wrote: »
    After that tech support will be in place like India...

For Vodafone, highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well this was the last straw for me. I have contacted digiweb and have signed up. Although they are more expensive, they cannot provide a worse service than vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

roast wrote: »
    For Vodafone, highly unlikely.

India and Egypt.

• Advertisement

Folks, if you are having problems with Vodafones DNS servers you can use Google's Public DNS servers. Details below.

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Advertisement