Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invasion of privacy?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I got a strange message today supposedly from 'AIB' (whom I don't do banking with) which read 'Your access to AIB Internet Banking has been suspended because your AIB Code Card has expired. Please go to www.aib-update.com to update your account'

I called vodafone about this to look into it but they say this kind of thing is out of their control soo they advised me to take it up with AIB or the Gardai as their could be a possiblity someone could be using my number as a fraudulent.

Should I get on to this straight away or just see it as nothing more than a spam message?

Thanks,
    Francie

P.S. Moderator apologies if posted in the wrong category.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ignore it, its spam. There's not much the law can about it either, contact your bank, they are in a position to inform other legit customers of the scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I got it 2 weeks ago as well,from an english number,I just ignored it.
    I don't have an account in the AIB either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

100% scam, sent out to mobile numbers at random, ignore it.

You can go to that page and enter random numbers and you'll be taken to a page asking for all of the codes from your card.

AIB have posted warnings on their online banking pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Ok well thats abit of a relief.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me.

Francie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Banks will never, ever contact you looking for personal details like account numbers or PIN codes. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

There's a message posted about this text message when you log into AIB online banking, explicitly telling you to not visit the web site mentioned in the message.

Advertisement