Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Main silage crop...ready to cut?

• 26-05-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Wel how are lads fixed? Walked mine this evening. Thought I'd be cutting this shortly, but will leave til bank holiday to let it bulk up another bit. All into a pit.

ps. Notice alot of dirty crops around my area (docks). Will there be consequences to all this 'spring slurry' ? High potash has to be a contributing factor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

hope to do mine the end of next week , all in to pit.. i was keeping a 6 acre paddock for bales but cows are grazing it tonight:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Its fit to cut but there is no sunshine to get the sugars up. at this rate it will be after the bank holiday weekend. (macra first, then silage :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

will be at least another week for as others have said going to let it bulk up a bit. will only be feeding to dry cows so quailty is not as important.

on another note has any heard anything about covers been hard to get at the moment.had aphone call the other evening from suppleir saying it will be 10 days before he can get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

cut one field yesterday evening, reseeded so good crop, hoping to bale this evening maybe or tomorrow depending on weather..leave the rest till next weekend, crop only ok i would say on the rest of it but time to cut it anyway, its getting stemy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Ours was cut and drawn away during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

foookers just broke into a 9 acre field that was ready for cutting next week , not a hope of getting them back out:mad:

Advertisement