Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Sound in the O2 Arena

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I was at Sade last night and was sitting in what we expected to be excellent tickets right in the middle towards the back on the upper tier.

Sade's performance was pretty good, although her style of music would be much better suited to a club than a venue that size but that's not my complaint.

My gripe is the sound......it was awful. With our tickets costing in excess of Eur 100 each I think the least we could expect is a decently sound engineered gig..........

Friends of mine had trouble in the same spot at Fleetwood Mac last year.

Given that the venue has relatively recently been created / remodelled surely the sound should be pristine ? or is this an unrealistic expectation?/:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

That's weird. I've been to a lot of shows at the o2 (on about 5 of them I was sitting in the area you described). The sound was always excellent. I've also been to lots of venues same size all over Europe and there is a a good amount of places out there with crappy sound, so I know what you mean. I believe you and your friend some time ago just picked some of these evenings were things go wrong.

( No, I'm not affiliated with the point depot management ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been to maybe 6 shows at the O2 and the sound has been spot on for each one.
    The bands I've seen have been touring on and off for years, so have there own regular quality FoH Sound Engineers.
    Sade hasn't been on the road for some time so I'm guessing her sound man wasn't up to the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

davidod wrote: »
    Given that the venue has relatively recently been created / remodelled surely the sound should be pristine ? or is this an unrealistic expectation?/:(

It's not the venue at fault. It is the sound people with the various acts. I have been to a few shows at the O2 now and the sound has been great for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

At the Waters show on monday night alot of people were unhappy about the sound. The first half of the show was ruined for me being to the left of the stage just under the firts tier of seating. It was fine after moving but I think that in a new arena this should not be the case. Surely there should not be whole sections of a new arena where the sound can be poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Same for me both times in the 02 with Prodigy and Roger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement