Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 - Intrax?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey everyone,

I'm heading out to Seattle on a J1 visa with Go4Less who obtain their DS-2019 forms from a company called Intrax.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences dealing with Intrax?

I know we're supposed to keep them updated with our jobs and our address, but how strict are they on this does anyone know? Just seems like a bit of a pain to be constantly updating it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Walnut.

aaaaaaaaaanyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

How many times do you expect to change accommodation and jobs? Are you going for 12 months or for the summer? Everything is updated online quite easily and quickly, unless you're on the 12 month visa. There is paper work to go through for employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Walnut. wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I'm heading out to Seattle on a J1 visa with Go4Less who obtain their DS-2019 forms from a company called Intrax.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences dealing with Intrax?

I know we're supposed to keep them updated with our jobs and our address, but how strict are they on this does anyone know? Just seems like a bit of a pain to be constantly updating it!

I have had two J1's through them. Any specific q's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Intrax actually rang my employer to check up that we actually were working where we said that we were so they seem pretty strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

In some circumstances an on-site review is carried out on your employer, by all visa companies, not just Intrax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement