Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eflow (M50) late penalty payment question

Options
  • 26-05-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

OK, so my dad passed m50 yesterday, so I had up to 8pm to pay (which I forgot till now near 11pm).

Tried looking at website, only allow you to pay for the normal journey (Already did just now). There is a section with late penalty but need some kind of journey reference.. what the hell is that??

Then try to call their number hoping to speak to a person but only got the automated operator with no option to pay the penalty..

So does anyone know how can I pay the penalty??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

They'll send you a bill in the post

You get a letter in the post. It will have a reference number on it. You need that and the car reg to pay the fine. It was €6 the last time I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah, you get a bill in the post but you can ring them up and pay it too before you get it. They might let you away with it if you are nice too. I was always forgetting as rarely using it so just set up a post pay account. Less hassle and a bit cheaper. Wish there was something like it for all tolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I've paid the toll late a few times using their website, I'm yet to recieve a late penalty. It seems to be that if you pay withing a few hours they let it slip.

Forgot about a toll once though, and recieved the fine in the post.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

thanks all, will look out for the letter
    jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yeah, you get a bill in the post but you can ring them up and pay it too before you get it. They might let you away with it if you are nice too. I was always forgetting as rarely using it so just set up a post pay account. Less hassle and a bit cheaper. Wish there was something like it for all tolls.

when i ring them, i only get the automated operator, what number did you ring to get a live person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

lau1247 wrote: »
    thanks all, will look out for the letter

when i ring them, i only get the automated operator, what number did you ring to get a live person?

Their 1890 number. You'll probably have to ring during office hours to speak to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

all sorted.. gave them a call the on Friday morning, had to go through to register a complaint part in order to speak to an operator..

And yes they were lenient about few hours after 8pm cut off..

Somehow was informed that my dad's car had 3 euro credit against them which was odd but good to know for the next time :)

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

In the early days of etoll I ran up a few penalties - over 300 quid !. I rang them and the guy told me to just set up a video account and give laser card details and the fines would be waved and I'd only pay the reduced amount !! It was 2.80 euro at the time but it saved me nearly 300 euro in fines !

Doesn't cost anything and you get a monthly statement by post and you needn't worry about it any more !

Ken

Advertisement