Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing a subject as a whole?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me.

I do second year arts, so I do two subjects but they both have a few different modules which I'm doing exams on. I'm wondering if I have to pass all of the modules to pass one subject as a whole or is it just 40% overall?

Thanks in advance!:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

each module is marked as a separate unit worth either 5 or 10 credits adding up to a total for the year of 60 credits. Whether or not you pass the year depends on how many modules you pass or fail. It will be decided at the exam boards held in each dept. Depending on the amount of modules failed the board will recommend either an autumn repeat of specific modules or out right fail of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    each module is marked as a separate unit worth either 5 or 10 credits adding up to a total for the year of 60 credits. Whether or not you pass the year depends on how many modules you pass or fail. It will be decided at the exam boards held in each dept. Depending on the amount of modules failed the board will recommend either an autumn repeat of specific modules or out right fail of the year.
    Ah right I see. Cool thanks for that :) Hopefully I'll pass!

Advertisement