Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 27 May 2011 - Tubridy's Final Show ...

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I missed the show on Friday night, watched it tonight. Neil Diamond is a legend.
    Enda was all right. Gabriel Byrne is hot.

not a fan of Diarmuid gavin or pamela stephenson. fast forward.

fast forward Alan Carr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hiya Sam, just saw your post and switched back over... I missed this last interview cos I turned on Vincent Brown... If Tubridy was a proper journalist he would have asked Gavin about the 2.5 million he got from the taxpayers to "win" his gold medal... He surely must have been tipped off on this before he came on?

Hiya Sam, just saw your post and switched back over... I missed this last interview cos I turned on Vincent Brown... If Tubridy was a proper journalist he would have asked Gavin about the 2.5 million he got from the taxpayers to "win" his gold medal... He surely must have been tipped off on this before he came on?

yes he should have asked him. will we miss ryan for the next few months?

hondasam wrote: »
    yes he should have asked him. will we miss ryan for the next few months?

I'm still in shock after seeing Colm Wilkinson... My god what was he on.. It was like on Frasier when he was asked to write a "simple" jingle for his radio show..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I watched this last night and was shocked to find that I actually enjoyed it. There was a great line up of guests and all were worth watching, except of course for that windbag Diarmuid Gavin.

Really enjoyed Neil Diamond, great little sing along and you just knew he was enjoying it. Tubridy did his best to ruin it as usual with cajoling his guests into doing things they were going to do anyway. :rolleyes:

Loved Gabriel Byrne's Jedward impression. It was probably the first time I laughed out loud at the Late Late Show since that lunatic came on to deride Pat Kenny...you know, in the days when the LLS was interesting, spontaneous and didnt have an illness of the week segment.

Oh, and didnt show grainy youtube clips of stuff actors may have done back in the 80s.

I welcome back Gaybo for 6 weeks. It will be hell of a lot better than the tripe Tubridy has served up for the past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ya just don't get this anymore!

telekon wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Neil Diamond, great little sing along and you just knew he was enjoying it. Tubridy did his best to ruin it as usual with cajoling his guests into doing things they were going to do anyway. :rolleyes:

lol... true..
    I welcome back Gaybo for 6 weeks. It will be hell of a lot better than the tripe Tubridy has served up for the past two years.

It should be funny seeing Gay back on the TV.. And no doubt he will relish the chance of "showing Tubridy how it's done"... Given that Tubridy's granddad allegedly tried to get Gaybo fired from RTE, I'd say there's still a bit of needle there..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sat there last Friday night - watching tripe...waiting for the comedian Alan Carr to come on....see I love JIMMY Carr....but I always get him and ALAN Carr mixed up. I hate Alan Carr!

Imagine my disappointment when, right at the end, after sitting thru most a a whole show I didn't really want to see, Alan Carr was introduced and out comes the fella I thought was Jimmy Carr! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

lol... true..

It should be funny seeing Gay back on the TV.. And no doubt he will relish the chance of "showing Tubridy how it's done"... Given that Tubridy's granddad allegedly tried to get Gaybo fired from RTE, I'd say there's still a bit of needle there..

Not relying on cue cards for one!

Gaybo made absolute sh*te out of Tubridy on his old Saturday night show saying that cue cards would be heresy in his day. Then he proceeded to read the cards instead of Tubridy.

It was hilarious stuff to which Tubbers, as usual, had no response...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

telekon wrote: »
    Not relying on cue cards for one!

Gaybo made absolute sh*te out of Tubridy on his old Saturday night show saying that cue cards would be heresy in his day. Then he proceeded to read the cards instead of Tubridy.

It was hilarious stuff to which Tubbers, as usual, had no response...

Can't believe you would put Gay up on a pedastal for that!
    The man is such a condecending, patronising, pompous, full of himself twirp, it's unreal!

I wish he had been given a job on UK or US TV. Would have been good to see his ego dented severely when perfirming in a country where there was actually some competition!

Advertisement