Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding after ovulation

Options
  • 26-05-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

My wife got a positive reading on a digital ovulation test last Friday. So we did the deed a couple of times over the weekend. Today she reported a light spot of bleeding and some mild cramping. What would this usually indicate? I guess its something like the fertilised egg not implanting in the womb properly? Would we assume at this point that we weren't successful this time or is this something that could happen anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

It could possibly be an implantation bleed http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/implantation-bleeding.html

Other than that, I don't think you would get a cramp from an unfertilized egg other than a period which she may not be due for a few days yet.

Fingers crossed for you both & don't give up hope just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Some ladies just bleed around ovulation, it happens. But if she doesn't normally, then there is a chance it is implantation bleeding, as mentioned- basically, the egg borrowing deep into the lining of the womb and getting comfortable :) If anything, it is a good sign, but you won't truly know until you get a positive pregnancy test.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

It could also be from having more sex than usual, it may have irritated her insides a little.

Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is.

Advertisement