Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yeast, wheat, dairy and egg free, help!

Options
  • 26-05-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi everyone, I'm new to boards, and just found out after months of feeling awful that I'm intolerant to yeast, wheat dairy and eggs. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can eat? I have GF pasta etc and lots of veg, just not sure how I can make this diet non boring!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

How did you find out you were intolerant to these? Did you get tested? If so, where did you get tested?

Are there any other foods you don't eat? You could easily follow a Paleo or Primal diet (without the eggs & dairy obviously). Google those terms for more info and recipes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 newrunner

Yeah I got tested at the Fitzwilliam Clinic, I was realy sceptical about food intolerance testing but this is a proper blood test and really made sense when I saw the results of it, as I've been diagnosed with IBS after all the horrible tests. I hadnt heard of the primal diet I'll look that up thanks!

I basically eat everything, I'm a real foodie so I love meat, GF pasta, rice veg and salads etc, I'm just worried about eating out as dairy seems to be in most sauces etc, it's just a lot to adjust to!

thanks for your reply :)

I've also been using a food diary for the last month to identify trigger foods which concurs with the blood test results :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Welcome to my world :)

You can substitute dairy with soya products. Alpro Soya make alot of yoghurts, deserts, flavoured milks etc, so that will cover that. There are some nice gluten/yeast free cereals out there also - check any gluten free section in any large supermarket. Tesco usually have a broad range.

The bad thing with yeast is that the majority of gluten free breads have it. You'll need to make your own, or live without it.

You should start investigating what brought these intolerances on. My intolerances came on about 5 years ago - which I suspect is linked to mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings, which brought on possible candida overgrowth. I've not been well for years.

It's a tricky business trying to sort out a diet. I'm not intolerant to eggs as far as I know - I eat scrambled eggs for breakfast with flax seeds, have some natural organic yoghurt (probiotic), and chicken & veg for dinner. (Spuds are bad).

Read, investigate. These intolerances don't come out of nowhere - something is triggering them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

On top of that - you should check out the Candida Diet: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

It is by nature gluten & yeast free, so should cover breakfast, lunch and dinner for you if you're not sure what you can eat :)

• Advertisement

thanks so much all this info is great, im a bit overwhelmed with taking it all in! apparently im also intolerant to soya unfortunately as i love those alpro soya yoghurts! i hadnt really thought about the trigger, ive been dodgy for years feeling exhausted and IBS which the dr always put down to stress, but looking back i think diet must be hugely to blame!

do u know of any decent places to eat out? i have the fear now that i'll accidently eat dairy in a sauce or something :( thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

newrunner wrote: »
    do u know of any decent places to eat out? i have the fear now that i'll accidently eat dairy in a sauce or something :( thanks so much!

If you somewhere decent i.e. at least moderately priced they will usually be happy to adapt dishes for you. You're paying, don't be afraid to ask :) If you want a cheap dinner out, eat somewhere really basic like a baked potato place, where it's really easy to see exactly what's in dishes or have one ingredient omitted. (i have gluten and dairy intolerances and those are my strategies for eating out)

thats a good idea thanks :) theres a great website i found too http://dublinwithfoodallergies.blogspot.com/ which has good info! hopefully this wont take too much getting used to, after years of feeling awful im hoping it works :)

Advertisement