Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homevision broadband

• 26-05-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

No download limits apparently...
    http://www.homevision.ie/bundles1.aspx?cat=2

They do have limits. EVERY company has limits. They just don't publish them. It's applied in their Fair Usage Policy/Acceptable Usage Policy (FUP/AUP).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bbavel

did you take up their offer? how are they? Thinking of jointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Also looking for some feedback on these guys. How is their customer service? Any info much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Am also considering moving from vodafone to these.
    Ayone a customer? What a free €50 voucher for recommending me?
    http://www.homevision.ie/recommend.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

preddy wrote: »
    Am also considering moving from vodafone to these.
    Ayone a customer? What a free €50 voucher for recommending me?
    http://www.homevision.ie/recommend.aspx

Hi preddy, I just got connected up with these guys yesterday, so far so good!

If you want me to refer you if you haven't done so already I'll happily do it. All I need is your name and email address. That would be great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

http://www.homevision.ie/faq.aspx#DownloadLimit

And its advertised as unlimited?

--

How much is my monthly download limit?
    • Your download limit is 20 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 1Mb per second broadband package.
    • Your download limit is 30 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 3Mb per second broadband package
    • Your download limit is 50 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 7Mb per second broadband package
    • Your download limit is 50 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 10Mb per second broadband package
    • Your download limit is 60 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 20Mb per second broadband package
    • You can add additional 10GB download per month for a standard charge of €2 per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

http://www.homevision.ie/broadband1.aspx#5

Looks like these are the current offers and they just haven't updated the FAQs?. Don't see any 1,3 or 7 Mb packages advertised now.

http://www.homevision.ie/broadband1.aspx#5

Looks like these are the current offers and they just haven't updated the FAQs?. Don't see any 1,3 or 7 Mb packages advertised now.

do they have an email address, id like to make some enquiries, but cannot find email address for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

finnteme wrote: »
    http://www.homevision.ie/faq.aspx#DownloadLimit

And its advertised as unlimited?

--

How much is my monthly download limit?
    • Your download limit is 20 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 1Mb per second broadband package.
    • Your download limit is 30 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 3Mb per second broadband package
    • Your download limit is 50 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 7Mb per second broadband package
    • Your download limit is 50 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 10Mb per second broadband package
    • Your download limit is 60 Gigabytes (GB) per month with the 20Mb per second broadband package
    • You can add additional 10GB download per month for a standard charge of €2 per month

Called today and they wreckon they site is just out of date and most of those packages are out of date so no limit as it says.
    Not sure there is much point for me my line only getting 6mbps exchange not updated yet

• Advertisement

Yeah, called them aswell today, they are unlimited.

At the moment, you cant finalize your onlineorder, in the last step, you get page not found.. called, and they emailed me a contract that i should fill in and send to them.

I think i wait for the online service to be back online again.

They are updating their webservice and thats why its not working correctly nor updated

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Hi preddy, I just got connected up with these guys yesterday, so far so good!

If you want me to refer you if you haven't done so already I'll happily do it. All I need is your name and email address. That would be great! :)

Any update Boxfresh? How are you getting on with this so far.? I presume you have gone for the fibre, I need normal landline rubbish. With Digiweb atm which has needed 3 callouts in 100 days and is now giving a massive 2mb connection. wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

I don't think I have come across these guys before. Thanks for all the links.

DHFrame wrote: »
    Any update Boxfresh? How are you getting on with this so far.? I presume you have gone for the fibre, I need normal landline rubbish. With Digiweb atm which has needed 3 callouts in 100 days and is now giving a massive 2mb connection. wow.

Yeah I'm very happy with it. I'm on the 8mb and it rarely drops below 5 mb even at peak times, also it's a great price. What makes you presume I went fibre?

1446198347.png

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Yeah I'm very happy with it. I'm on the 8mb and it rarely drops below 5 mb even at peak times, also it's a great price. What makes you presume I went fibre?

1446198347.png

Cos it seems to be everywhere apart from my estate. Did you go fiber? The reason I ask is because someone on Fiber is going to report a very different story to someone on ADSL, they provide both.

Nope not on fibre, just plain old ADSL. As far as I know it's only certain areas in Dublin that can get fibre. I'm in Donegal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Hi Boxfresh. Do Eircom still carry your line or are you unbundled from Eircom completely? The site doesn't make it very clear. Was there any hassle on the changeover from your previous BB provider?

Hi jca, I just signed up to Homevision ADSL 8Mb Unlimited. I had a line into the house which was never used. Homevision charged €25 to reconnect. Eircom never come into the equation. Out of curiosity I rang Eircom to ask what 'they' charged to reconnect the line, it was €119 'and' a minimum 12 month line rental contract!, so €25 charge with Homevision is low in comparison.

So far my experience has been very good. The ADSL wireless router they provide is adequate at best for wireless (Allied Telesis IMG634W). The LAN connection is as good as any ADSL router. I have disabled the wireless function and connected my Netgear Rangemax Cable modem into the LAN1 with an Ethernet Cable which has given me excellent internet connection and a much better wireless signal.

This is much much better than my previous Digiweb Homewave connection which was completely separate from the Landline, so I cant report on swap over efficiency.

jca wrote: »
    Hi Boxfresh. Do Eircom still carry your line or are you unbundled from Eircom completely? The site doesn't make it very clear. Was there any hassle on the changeover from your previous BB provider?

No I was never with Eircom in the first place so I had no dealings with them at all. There was no break in service during the switchover. My previous provider was UTV.

Thanks for the quick reply Boxfresh. I'm out of contract with Vodafone home BB in Dec. Think I'll give homevision a try. Are the bills coming in at €38 as advertised?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quick reply Boxfresh. I'm out of contract with Vodafone home BB in Dec. Think I'll give homevision a try. Are the bills coming in at €38 as advertised?

Yeah the bills are €38 per month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

just wanted to add my experience with these guys.

We recently moved to Tulsk in Co Roscommon and they were the top of a comparison site for price/service. I took a risk and went with them and have been more than happy. My experience was similar to DHFrame, unused line in the house, €25 line connection fee and 38 per month.

Line is able for 20Mb but am on the 8Mb package, speed tests show 8+ at any time. I have a feeling that they are a smallish outfit but with a very good service level. They had good communication throughout the setup process and had a call the day the router arrived to advise that is was shipped and line was ready to go.

No issues with torrents and gaming pings are low.

Would definitely recommend them.

1485920984.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Can anyone provide an email address for Home vision? Prefably their sales? Need to confirm something in writing.

Thanks.

Can anyone provide an email address for Home vision? Prefably their sales? Need to confirm something in writing.

Thanks.

Hi,

care@homevision.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Hi everyone I was all set to sign up to homevision last night(contract with vodafone is finished) Firefox keeps telling me not to trust the site because the security certificate is expired since Oct 2010. When I tried to finalise the sign up I got 404 error page not found. I don't feel as confident about them now,certainly don't want to give my bank details. What should I do?

Hi everyone I was all set to sign up to homevision last night(contract with vodafone is finished) Firefox keeps telling me not to trust the site because the security certificate is expired since Oct 2010. When I tried to finalise the sign up I got 404 error page not found. I don't feel as confident about them now,certainly don't want to give my bank details. What should I do?

I had the same problem when I was signing up so I just rang them and they sent me out a form to fill out, I was up an running in a few days.

Not doing it here. I have had homevision for a good while now. Never had a problem. I would say the wireless router is a legacy model which isnt great. I have a really good cable netgear plugged into one of its LAN inputs which is excellent.

The deal is done and dusted. BB is up and running using my own router. It took a 30 second phone call to their excellent customer service to put settings into the router. The supplied router seems ok but I prefer my Netgear. 12 and 14 year old boys say xbox live was never this good :D I'm only on my first day but I am extremely impressed. Would recommend without hesitation,really nice guys on the phone. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1688833466.png My speed test only showed as a link. How do I get it to show as fancy graphic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Hi guys, considering signing up with homevision.ie here

Can anyone who is with them give me some up to date information on how the service is going for them, speeds, reliability, suppport etc?

I am down in the sticks of North Galway on a non NGB enabled exchange. Currently on a 7mb standard broadband package with Eircom. How would the 8mb package from homevision compare? would i at least get similar speeds?

Also how long do you have to sign up for, presuming its the standard 12 month minimum thing?

Also, I don't make many if any phone calls from my landline, any advice on best price combo, bundle, broadband only etc would be appreciated.

Advertisement