Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homevision broadband

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

iPhone. wrote: »
    Hi guys, considering signing up with homevision.ie here

Can anyone who is with them give me some up to date information on how the service is going for them, speeds, reliability, suppport etc?

I am down in the sticks of North Galway on a non NGB enabled exchange. Currently on a 7mb standard broadband package with Eircom. How would the 8mb package from homevision compare? would i at least get similar speeds?

Also how long do you have to sign up for, presuming its the standard 12 month minimum thing?

Also, I don't make many if any phone calls from my landline, any advice on best price combo, bundle, broadband only etc would be appreciated.

I'm on their 8mb and I'm very happy with it. Been with them about a year now. Top service, reliable and great price. Like yourself I don't make any calls on landline and my bill never exceeds 38 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks for the feedback Boxfresh, I appreciate it.

Can I ask are you on a non NGB enabled exchange too? and if you are what sort of speeds are you getting?

Yeah I think i'm in a non NGB area in Donegal here. Speeds never drop below 5mb.

1982673122.png

Sounds good, really getting rode something terrible by Eircom at the moment here.

I am an Eircom customer for years, been onto their reps on Boards here etc, trying to give them a chance to keep my business before I make the decision to move providers, the Eircom reps on talk to Eircom here on boards pm'd me and told me they would organise for their customer service to phone me to see what they could do, guess what?....... yep, I never got the call, that's how badly they want my business it seems!

Going to give Homevision a call tomorrow and see how it goes, is it a 12 month contract can you remember?

Not sure about their minimum contract. I'm guessing it is 12 months though.

To hell with Eircon! Avoid them like the plague!

How much are you paying them for your current 7mb broadband by the way?

• Advertisement

65 euro a month!!

Its a disgrace as they are offering 8MB NGB for 40 euro but they won't allow me to have it as my exchange is not NGB enabled, tried to reason with them that I don't care what they call the package, and wasn't worried if I couldnt get the full 8MB download - just give me the 8mb NGB package for 40 euro, but no way would they allow it.

65 a month!!

I honestly don't know how they get away with that. You're being robbed there!

Boxfresh wrote: »
    65 a month!!

I honestly don't know how they get away with that. You're being robbed there!

I totally agree with you, being bent over here without even the luxury of vaseline!

Not many options for me though unfortunately where I am located, was really delighted to happen on homevision, if they can provide me with as good a service as my current 7MB at 38 Euro, I'll be made up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I put in my house phone number to see if homevision was available in my area, it says my line quality is 23.08MB. Does this mean I would get 23MB speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I put in my house phone number to see if homevision was available in my area, it says my line quality is 23.08MB. Does this mean I would get 23MB speed?
    No. I think the higher speeds are only available in cabled areas, similar to UPC. The highest dsl they provide is 10 meg. I'm with them on the 10 meg and it's brilliant. I don't make phone calls and bills are always €40 pm. I'm on an ngb exchange. speeds never fall below 8meg, 9meg is regularly reached. It's a one year contract, I won't be leaving them.

• Advertisement

Lads, does anyone know of a reliable line checker?

Getting conflicting information at the moment and want to pin my highest achievable line speed down once and for all. Eircom currently say my line is capable of up to 7MB, Homevisions online checker on their site says 7.04MB, the guy I spoke to in Homevison today says my line is returning a max of 6 MB's, I know from historical speedtest results I was achieving between 6 and 7MB on my current eircom 7MB standard broadband connection, just did one before posting this and it returned 5.8MB.

I know it varies with time of day, contention ratio etc, but I want to know my theoretical max if all the planets come into alignment, if you know what I mean?

Any and all help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 AdNet

This website is closed now for over a week and it's showing error 503
    My Q is - is there any other provider in Ireland, Kerry who's giving a landline broadband without data cap limit?
    A.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AdNet wrote: »
    My Q is - is there any other provider in Ireland, Kerry who's giving a landline broadband without data cap limit?
    A.
    Sky has one that's unlimited I think (doubt that will remain if true though); that or certain business broadbrand packages (that are priced fro it) tend to be it as the rest got hidden caps (then again most people don't need unlimited in the true sense but rather a hundred or three GB cap is enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

UTV

Nody wrote: »
    Sky has one that's unlimited I think (doubt that will remain if true though); that or certain business broadbrand packages (that are priced fro it) tend to be it as the rest got hidden caps (then again most people don't need unlimited in the true sense but rather a hundred or three GB cap is enough).
    I left them and am now with sky, despite the knockers sky is truly unlimited bb. I hope homevision aren't gone bust, they gave a great service and I would never have left them only sky made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

A.

Eircom ultimate package
    https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e2s1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ElNino wrote: »

500GB limit on this.

A.
    Sky. How many of us have to tell you?

Advertisement