Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity - Big mistake!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

sendit wrote: »
    All company's have a security deposit if you dont pay by DD
    AFter the fact? eh,no.

As for your definition of *all*..please elaborate.

I pay Bord Gais / UPC / Vodafone and Greenstar direct thru the bank....security deposit? No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Sizzler wrote: »
    AFter the fact? eh,no.

I pay Bord Gais / UPC / Vodafone and Greenstar direct thru the bank....security deposit? No.

Because you pay it in the bank thats why theres none.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

All company's have a security deposit if you dont pay by DD
    AFter the fact? eh,no.

???
    it depends on how long your acc is open for, less than a year and thats normal, more than a year then i got two words....big switch

Because you pay it in the bank thats why theres none.....
    I was doing the same with Airtricity though so whats the point?
    booboo88 wrote: »
    ???
    it depends on how long your acc is open for, less than a year and thats normal, more than a year then i got two words....big switch
    Voda 9 mths....greenstar 6 mths...UPC cancelled the DD after 2 mths and never heard a peep from them, paid the bill directly by EFT on time and strangely no issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Ya you pay a dep if you dont pay by the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

Seabre, did the CER recommend that you pay the 20/25e per month while you're waiting for their process to kick in?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

Spidermany wrote: »
    Seabre, did the CER recommend that you pay the 20/25e per month while you're waiting for their process to kick in?

No they did not recommend any payment schedule until they have spoke with Airtricity. They did say however that the case could take up to 12 weeks with them which is a long wait!

I had previously offered this payment schedule to Airtricity and they refused it anyhow!

I got a phonecall and a letter from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of Airtricity but when I called CER they said that Airtricity should not have involved them and not to engage with them at all until they (CER) have had a chance to work the case.

I will post as soon as I know the next step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes. Who said DD was in lieu of a security deposit? Dont remember that flashing up or being mentioned at any stage of their sales process. If thats how they run their business best of luck to them but dont peddle "may ways to pay" strapline if you are going to try and ride your customer retrospectively for 6 months worth of juice under the guise of a security deposit :rolleyes: For what its worth I could understand it if I wasnt paying them at all, I pay them by EFT on time, no issues. I cancelled the DD due to their lucky dip billing system, the security deposit farce merely made my mind up to get rid. Some context!

Hang on! I was just explaining why they (Airtricity) looked for a deposit when YOU cancelled the DD. Their T&Cs state that a DD will be in lieu of a security deposit. I have no vested interest whatsoever in this; I was just telling you why they looked for the deposit. Why raise it if you shoot the person who simply tells you why it happened? I didn't say it was right or proper. Just explaining the facts.:mad:

Voda 9 mths....greenstar 6 mths...UPC cancelled the DD after 2 mths and never heard a peep from them, paid the bill directly by EFT on time and strangely no issue.

different companies.
    if you cancelled the dd with greenstar, your refuse would stop being collected.
    as theres alot of costs involved in disconnecting and reconnecting a property so they need another form of security. its common practise they not doing it to pick on you

seabre wrote: »
    No they did not recommend any payment schedule until they have spoke with Airtricity. They did say however that the case could take up to 12 weeks with them which is a long wait!

I had previously offered this payment schedule to Airtricity and they refused it anyhow!

I got a phonecall and a letter from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of Airtricity but when I called CER they said that Airtricity should not have involved them and not to engage with them at all until they (CER) have had a chance to work the case.

I will post as soon as I know the next step.
    nut this could be an idea though,to make a payment, until cer have it sorted, therefore its reduced amount again?:o

• Advertisement

Hang on! I was just explaining why they (Airtricity) looked for a deposit when YOU cancelled the DD. Their T&Cs state that a DD will be in lieu of a security deposit. I have no vested interest whatsoever in this; I was just telling you why they looked for the deposit. Why raise it if you shoot the person who simply tells you why it happened? I didn't say it was right or proper. Just explaining the facts.:mad:
    Sorry about that horse ;)
    different companies.
    if you cancelled the dd with greenstar, your refuse would stop being collected.
    as theres alot of costs involved in disconnecting and reconnecting a property so they need another form of security. its common practise they not doing it to pick on you
    I did cancel the DD with greenstar! Would you believe they still collect the refuse !!! Whats the chances! Because I pay them.

Sorry about that horse ;)

I did cancel the DD with greenstar! Would you believe they still collect the refuse !!! Whats the chances! Because I pay them.

hold on...how are you paying them? cuz they wont leave me pay in the post office or pay online?:confused:

hold on...how are you paying them? cuz they wont leave me pay in the post office or pay online?:confused:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/Greenstar+Refuse+and+Recycling+Payments.htm

oh your sh*ting me.....i emailed them can i pay in po, cuz i prefer to be in advance. and they told me no. ****eerrss

only available in wicklow and wexford :(

I thought that was were Middle Earth was. :p

Advertisement