Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canal/river watch kildare

• 27-05-2011 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

as the lake watch in cavan is gettin on the roll with dedicated lads, is there any volunteers in kildare to get the ball rolling, we can split the group into sth kildare, nth kildare? all welcome we need as many as possible, wheter they be clubs, waterkeepers, match anglers, pleasure anglers, anyone who gives a toss, time to take hands from under legs and be proactive. when we have enough volunteers we can arrange meet, invite ifpac ncffi iada ifi, so all is above board, this will not be a vigilante group, ifi and an garda siochana can be used in support. everyone can have their input and a plan of action put forward to patrol and enforce ifi rules and wi byelaws.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

99 views from people interested in kildare post? wheres all the armchair moaners about poaching? or is it just poachers viewing this thread? this will be going ahead with the aid of angling feds and any lawbreakers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, poachers beware, armchair moaners get off your asses:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

a lot of people reading this thread may not be from kildare (myself included). good idea though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I would be interested in a PM with details thanks.

Though I would advise holding off more than 3 days before making posts like your second one. It doesnt help your cause IMO.

tin79 wrote: »
    I would be interested in a PM with details thanks.

Though I would advise holding off more than 3 days before making posts like your second one. It doesnt help your cause IMO.
    What details do you want fin? A few have volunteered already. Clubs are in process of being informed

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Del i know you from another site i think this is a great idea im based in maynooth so just let me know what i need to do and il do it

• Advertisement

delsalmon wrote: »
    What details do you want fin? A few have volunteered already. Clubs are in process of being informed

Thanks for the reply. I will probably find out through my club so but any details of who to contact, if there is a website, who do I send my details to etc would be handy. I am a waterkeeper anyway so happy to become more involved though obviously my range is limited.

If you want to PM me an email contact we can take it from there?

good man, im ringin monasterevin tomorrow, prosperous cac, clonbullogue, wi, ifi, and other clubs in locality, athy lads are very proactive. eoin s from ncffi is havin a knockup next fri on the royal we"ll be havin an informal chat, jkc from ifpac is onboard too and will be contacting the pike clubs. ill send you my details, no website, think would be better to have network of phone numbers, email, than any undesirables able to view locations of patrols, names and towns of volunteers etc. next step after organisation would be a media campaign to highlight problems to nonanglers and how to report incidents, proper signage erected, local business and bnb owners will be contacted too. im waitin on ifi approval for waterkeeper warrant myself

eoin from ncffi havin knockup confey boat house on royal next fri, anyone interested in either a fun eve fishin or informal chat about canal/river watch come along

Thanks will try to pop down to that. Live very close. I see your PM there I will read it now and get back to you.

Thanks

Advertisement