Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet Earth is F**king Beautiful. I HATE Astronauts.

Options
  • 27-05-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

I love em also.:p Bastards have gotta have one of the coolest jobs ever. Anyways, here's probably the closest we'll come to what their eyes see.

Oh and you really must watch this in 1080p fullscreen, steal your neighbour's bandwidth, buy a better monitor, do whatever's necessary!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Malty_T wrote: »
    I love em also.:p Bastards have gotta have one of the coolest jobs ever. ]

And one of the most dangerous positions to hold. They are willing and have given their lives in their pursuit. I may envy the sights they get to see but that is a fair reward and i do not envy the work and conditions they have to work in. An astronaut position requires more than some or even most people can offer. I honestly do not think i would be up to the task. Fortunately they offer a glimpse of the rewards to us willingly, i am but a humble observer

The TV series Known Universe particularly the episode entitled Surviving Outer Space (Season 3 Episode 1) offers up an easy enough grasp of just how dangerous and demanding being an astronaut really is

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

I always wanted to be an astronaut. mam always told me to "get real" though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

slade_x wrote: »
    And one of the most dangerous positions to hold. They are willing and have given their lives in their pursuit. I may envy the sights they get to see but that is a fair reward and i do not envy the work and conditions they have to work in. An astronaut position requires more than some or even most people can offer. I honestly do not think i would be up to the task. Fortunately they offer a glimpse of the rewards to us willingly, i am but a humble observer

The TV series Known Universe particularly the episode entitled Surviving Outer Space (Season 3 Episode 1) offers up an easy enough grasp of just how dangerous and demanding being an astronaut really is

Yeah, I know I secretly love the guys and their humilty. I have a huge admiration for their courage, bravery and dedication. We're still learning the foundations of space travel so the buildings may still yet crumble, but it's such an exhilarating feeling to watch us try. It's kinda hard to find a description for their bravery it's beyond words in all honesty.

Must try and grab that tv series sometime. Nat Geo right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

Here ya go.....take some free classes online
    https://www.meted.ucar.edu/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Dont worry if SIR Richard branson has his way we will be there in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

They do a REALLY great tour of the ISS in this video:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

What a joy it must be for them to get paid for doing what they love!:)

Advertisement