Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found Thread

Options
  • 27-05-2011 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

Have picked up a few items that people have seemingly left at casuals over the last while, posted in the respective casuals threads but I think it's a good idea to have a dedicated thread for it.

I don't want to name the two things I have specifically, if someone wants to reply with what they've lost or PM me I'll return them asap.

Have seem to have mislaid my 360 copy of Super recently as well if anyone has that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I lost a small black and silver camera at an Inferno (or it might have been the 2v2) in the XGC a good while back, don't suppose anyone's had it since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

There was this one time I forgot an umbrella...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Someone still has my PS1 copy of Tekken 3 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Have picked up a few items that people have seemingly left at casuals over the last while, posted in the respective casuals threads but I think it's a good idea to have a dedicated thread for it.

I don't want to name the two things I have specifically, if someone wants to reply with what they've lost or PM me I'll return them asap.

Have seem to have mislaid my 360 copy of Super recently as well if anyone has that.

Weren't Doom and Stevo using your copy of Super as I was leaving on Wednesday this week? Wanna search that Doom fella, looks well dodgy if you ask me :P

Random tip for people leaving stuff around at tournaments and casuals: Stickers!
    Even awful/cheap looking stickers, as long as they're unique.

Over the natural course of the day, through no devious intentions by anyone, stuff gets moved around. A random page of stickers will help if you don't have a custom stick/game boxes.

I have stickers on my TE, and on the box of my games of Super, Marvel and Blazblue. I leave the box in front of the TV, so I know it's my disc in that machine.

So if I forget something, someone can be like "I found a game box with a Penguin sticker on the front", I'll know that's mine.

Also I know that if I find a TE with a Bonsly and various other Pokemon, that that belongs to Sairus.

I genuinely don't think anyone in this scene will nick anything, but so much of our equipment is so generic and interchangable that things can get mixed up.

• Advertisement

Also I know that if I find a TE with a Bonsly and various other Pokemon, that that belongs to Sairus.

Quality.

Truth!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

'tis how the doomstick got it's name. Written on the front of it with a sticker from a labelgun. THE DOOMSTICK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Random tip for people leaving stuff around at tournaments and casuals: Stickers!

Really good advice actually, never thought of it before. My TE now has a plain blue sticker that states "24 CCR classics including, Bad Moon Rising, Up Around the Bend Proud Mary, Green River, Down On The Corner" now people will be aware of my appreciation of CCR as well as knowing it's my stick.

My stick has a sticker that says STICK stuck on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Weren't Doom and Stevo using your copy of Super as I was leaving on Wednesday this week? Wanna search that Doom fella, looks well dodgy if you ask me :P

Maybe, I'm not sure... my copy of Super doesn't get used much as the game crashes when you pick Gief or Fuerte if it's not installed on the console.

Any chance either of ye picked it up?

Maybe, I'm not sure... my copy of Super doesn't get used much as the game crashes when you pick Gief or Fuerte if it's not installed on the console.

Any chance either of ye picked it up?

I haven't got it anyway, just checked. I only brought ps3 copies with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Just decided to bring this up >.<

I just opened my copy of Marvel and there's no disc in it so I assume I left it at casuals.

Anyone have a spare MvC3 disc lying around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Yeah, Can't find my BB disc so If one is around its probably mine.

Seem to have lost a Sony handsfree kit.
    Looks similar to this:
    HPM-70.jpg

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Just decided to bring this up >.<

I just opened my copy of Marvel and there's no disc in it so I assume I left it at casuals.

Anyone have a spare MvC3 disc lying around?

Yep I have one, should be able to get it back to you next week (or whenever yiou're at casuals).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yep I have one, should be able to get it back to you next week (or whenever yiou're at casuals).

Ah thanks very much. I'll let you know when I'm at casuals

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody accidentally picked up my joypad at evo yesterday its a ps3 dualshock and i coloured in the letters on the joypad to make it a bit more distinct. thanks for your cooperation in the matter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Some of the stuff left around could be incorporated into the XGC stock as one of their own, maybe you should ask them. It would also make things easier for similar issues in the future.

Tourney wasn't held in XGC.

@TVSAdamWest: there was a Sony SixAxis left behind, so yeah, mix-up :/

Also, it seems I either dropped, or someone nicked, my mini folding knife :(

• Advertisement

I've just found the sixaxis. Will bring it to the next casuals Im at?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Thanks lads my brothers been saying hes better at fighting games than me since i told him i had no joypad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Thanks lads my brothers been saying hes better at fighting games than me since i told him i had no joypad:D

heh i was playing fifa against my brother and he was kicking my ass (don't play soccer or soccer games so i'm not too clear on the rules) then he said 'come on lets put in sf4 and ill kick your ass in that too' 10 minutes, 10 fights and 10 losses later he says 'that's just a bad game...' :D

Update, I found my mini folding knife at least.

It was buried deep in one of the pockets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Forgot to mention, I found someones wallet on Saturday. I gave it to the girls who were doing the raffle tickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hey lads, misplaced a copy of SSF4, [pretty sure in someone else case] last casuals was Friday, give us a shout if you find it

Nutrient wrote: »
    Hey lads, misplaced a copy of SSF4, [pretty sure in someone else case] last casuals was Friday, give us a shout if you find it

I have this man, will give it back to you next time I see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've just found a sixaxis (Not a dualshock 3) controller in my bag.

I assume someone put it in my bag at the Evo qualifier because I didn't bring any PS3 stuff with me so would not have picked it up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Don't suppose anybody picked up a greenish brown jacket with a dunlop logo on the right hand chest pocket after @RCADEcon? Can't find it anywhere, and staff said no dice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Left my white wired Xbox controller at the XGC last night

Anyone see it?

The wire is really tangled up that's all I've got to be distinct:[

Advertisement