Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience in the Air Corps

• 27-05-2011 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭

I know this has been asked before but,
    Where would I apply for work experience in the Air Corps?
    Will I just ring the DF information number and ask them? I've been trying all week but they don't seem to pick up when I get home from school.
    I'll try again on Saturday, but before all that, has anybody here done it? I was hoping somebody could shed some light on what its like. There's literally no info on Google.
    Is it too early/late to apply for November?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I know this has been asked before but,
    Where would I apply for work experience in the Air Corps?
    Will I just ring the DF information number and ask them? I've been trying all week but they don't seem to pick up when I get home from school.
    I'll try again on Saturday, but before all that, has anybody here done it? I was hoping somebody could shed some light on what its like. There's literally no info on Google.
    Is it too early/late to apply for November?
    Thanks in advance
    A guy in my class did it with Shannon Search and Rescue Air Rescue Unit. He loved it and is now looking at Aeronautical Design in college. He got in through his dad who worked out there. While there, they were stripping down and rebuilding a helicopter (something they do fairly regularly apparently) and he got to help with all of it. Got to see how everything worked as well. Sounded amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Can I do work experience with the Defence Forces?

From time to time, selected students may undergo periods of work experience within the Defence Forces. Applications should be made through your local Manpower Office.

I've heard of people getting to do it with the Air Corps, try emailing them. aircorps.manpower@defenceforces.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

delta720 wrote: »
    I've heard of people getting to do it with the Air Corps, try emailing them. aircorps.manpower@defenceforces.ie

I'm ringing them now, it's a monday morning, they should pick up.
    Their website says:
    Can I do work experience with the Defence Forces? From time to time, selected students may undergo periods of work experience within the Defence Forces. Applications should be made through your local Manpower Office.
    But I'vent got a clue where my local "Manpower Office" is.
    If they dont pick upagain, I'll email them, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Ok, I got a reply, I've to send in a letter, oh its like I'm rejected already :(
    Thanks for your replies

Advertisement